Dexis is seeking a Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) Specialist to provide technical expertise to the Dexis MEL Division on upcoming Department of State and USAID evaluations. The start date for this position will be early fall 2018, and this position is contingent upon award of upcoming projects. The incumbent will participate in the design and implementation of performance evaluations.
- Provides MEL strategy, feedback and technical assistance to evaluation project teams, including technical reviews of draft evaluation reports, evaluation methodology, data collection tools, and other deliverables.
- Develops methodologies for performance evaluations.
- Develops survey instruments and interview questionnaires.
- Conducts literature reviews.
- Serves as team member on short-term evaluations, assessments, and other studies.
- Supports monitoring, evaluation, and learning of current Dexis projects.
- Leads or contributes to writing of reports, assessments, findings from evaluations, etc.
- Provides project operations assistance to project technical staff and backstops projects /country programs on an as-needed basis.
- Master’s degree in a social science (public policy, sociology, anthropology, political science, economics, international relations).
- At least 5 years of relevant Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) experience.
- Strong analytical, quantitative and qualitative research skills.
- Demonstrated experience with quantitative analytical software such as SPSS or STATA.
- Demonstrated experience with qualitative and data visualization software such as ATLAS.ti, NVivo, and Tableau.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong proposal writing and coordination skills.
- Ability to produce thorough, high quality work independently and within a tight timeframe, flexibility and ability to handle multiple tasks and work collaboratively in a dynamic environment.
- An international outlook and ability to relate to and engage with people from a range of backgrounds, cultures and viewpoints.
- Problem-solving, decision-making, leadership and good judgment skills.
- Ability to take initiative and independently respond to situations.
- Attention to detail and ability to effectively and efficiently perform multiple tasks and balance competing priorities often within a required timeframe.
- Ability to communicate effectively with managers, colleagues, partners, and clients.
- Ability to respond and adapt quickly to changing requirements and competing demands.
About the Organization
Since 2001, Dexis has provided innovative management solutions for a secure and prosperous world. In the last three years alone, Dexis has worked in 90 countries supporting critical missions of agencies in the global development and security assistance space. With triple digit growth in recent years, Dexis was ranked in the top 10 consulting firms by funding at the US Agency for International Development in FY16 and FY17. Dexis was also among the highest rated employers on Glassdoor, where many of its 250-plus employees cited a people-centered leadership and culture as the main drivers to its success.
Dexis is an equal opportunity employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental handicap, or status as a disabled or Vietnam Era veteran of the US Armed Forces.