About the role
As the Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Specialist, you will be responsible for providing high-quality performance monitoring, evaluation and reporting systems to provide a comprehensive evident-based understanding of the portfolio. Under the supervision of the Team Leader and Deputy Team Leader/Activity Manager you will work closely with the My-EQIP Support Team to coordinate and support the collection, analysis and reporting of high-quality data and information to promote learning across the My-EQIP project.
We are currently looking to recruit M & E Specialist to join our great team.
Specifically, your responsibilities will include:
- Oversee, develop and implement the program M&E framework, ensuring cross-cutting issues and thematic policies such as gender, inclusive development, environment, and governance are effectively and appropriately incorporated into performance monitoring and evaluation.
- Lead on the implementation of the M&E Systems Plan, procedures, and reporting templates, compliant with program-level M&E Framework requirements for outcome-level data and analysis.
- Lead the collection and monitoring of all M&E activities, including: review of data collection tools, data analysis and interpretation of findings; routine data quality assurance checks to maintain quality control in all aspects of M&E from data collection to reporting including areas for improvement.
- Work collaboratively with other technical advisers and members of the team to ensure that issues of inclusion and other technical considerations are adequately accounted for and incorporated in the M&E system. Note that collection of gender and disability data will be mainstreamed throughout M&E processes.
- Engage with MoE My-EQIP governance structures (Program Director, Technical Working Group and Joint Steering Committee) to develop capacity to monitor the My-EQIP investment.
- Lead the implementation of program evaluations to assess impact of the various components of the program.
- Promote learning across the program by providing support in designing and organizing workshops, progress reports and strategic reviews, as well as the communication on data collected and lessons learned.
- Provide timely analytical reports for six-monthly Progress Reports and Annual Plans in accordance with international standards and DFAT’s requirements on performance management and quality assurance.
- Provide capacity building to My-EQIP Support team and MoE officials in the development and use of M&E systems and tools to improve the quality of program planning and implementation
- Any other duties in line with the Position Description as directed by the Team Leader/Deputy Team Leader
To be successful you will display-
About the program
- Degree in social sciences or a relevant field, post-graduate qualifications in M&E desirable.
- At least 10 years’ experience in designing and implementing M&E frameworks and plans, with prior experience on adaptive programs utilising methods and tools such as strategy testing, outcomes mapping, most significant change.
- Demonstrated experience in the design and implementation of M&E systems for flexible and adaptive development programs, including knowledge of M&E information requirements and systems and knowledge and skills in monitoring gender, disability and development strategy implementation.
- High-level interpersonal skills including verbal and written communications skills and ability to develop and maintain results-focused stakeholder relationships in a complex environment.
- This includes demonstrated ability to engage at a senior level, build and maintain networks, provide advice and communicate effectively (written and verbal) on sensitive issues with a culturally and professionally diverse range of stakeholders.
- Demonstrated analysis and data management skills as well as demonstrated analytical skills and experience in identifying and evaluating best practices and state of the art approaches to be utilised by the Program.
- Demonstrated experience in capacity development approaches and the ability to utilise a range of techniques to increase confidence, skills and M&E knowledge of counterparts, partner agencies and team members.
- Demonstrated ability to: work in a team; work sensitively in a complex, cross cultural operating environment; nurture productive internal relationships; foster an environment of continuous learning and work effectively under pressure.
The Myanmar Education Quality Improvement Program (My-EQIP) is a joint initiative of the Governments of Myanmar and Australia. My-EQIP is helping the Ministry of Education (MoE) strengthen systems for collection, analysis and use of educational data to improve the Ministry’s policy development, decision-making and efficient use of increased funding for education.o
The goal of My-EQIP is to contribute to more efficient, effective and inclusive service delivery and teaching to improve access, completion and learning for boys and girls across Myanmar.
Cardno Emerging Markets (Cardno) is an Australian company that has been hired by the Australian Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT) to help the Government of Myanmar implement My-EQIP.
12 months full-time, with possibility of extension to May 2021
Long-term position, with flexibility to provide 0.75 FTE input, negotiable.
The remuneration will be set within the Australian Government’s Adviser Remuneration Framework and will fall within Discipline Group ARF C3. The level at which the Adviser is engaged will be based on the successful candidate’s relevant skills and experience.
How to apply
Please write “MEL Specialist” in the subject line, and send to email@example.com.
Queries relating to this assignment should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org. It is essential that you quote ‘My-Eqip MEL Specialist - query’ in the subject line, or you may not receive a response.
Applications close 23.59 (N
PT time), Sunday, 5 May 2019. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Please note that incomplete and late applications will not be considered.
Cardno is committed to child protection and safeguarding the welfare of children in the delivery of our international development programs. Recruitment and selection procedures reflect this commitment and may include relevant criminal record checks
About the Organization
Cardno is a leading global development project management firm. Cardno’s registered Myanmar entity - Cardno Myanmar Ltd – runs across all states and regions of Myanmar.
Cardno (Myanmar) Ltd is implementing a growing portfolio of donor-funded activities including: the Centre for Good Governance (CGG) on behalf of the UK Government; the National Community Driven Development Program (NCDDP) and Enhancing Rural Livelihoods and Incomes Project (ERLIP) for the Myanmar Department of Rural Development (DRD) of the Ministry of Agriculture, Livestock and Irrigation; the Myanmar Education Quality Improvement Program (My-EQIP) on behalf of the Government of Australia; and the M&E of World Bank Funded Education Programs.