World Learning is a leading international non-profit organization focused on creating a more peaceful and just world through education, development, and exchange. We are seeking an experienced Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Specialist for an anticipated political participation and civic engagement activity in the Philippines. The MEL Specialist will be responsible for designing and overseeing the implementation of the project’s MEL system and Collaboration, Learning, and Adapting (CLA) processes in close coordination with technical and programmatic staff. The MEL Specialist will lead the overall learning agenda, working closely with partners and other stakeholders to build an evidence-base for interventions.
Recruitment is contingent upon successful award of the project. Only finalist candidates will be contacted. No telephone enquiries please. Interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis and qualified candidates should apply as soon as possible.
- Lead the design and implementation of the program’s M&E framework and information systems, including project monitoring, evaluation, and learning plan, to track delivery against program targets, outcomes, and impacts, including clearly defined objectives, indicators, learning mechanisms, and the implementation of appropriate M&E procedures;
- Prepare and ensure timely submission of project performance monitoring plans, including developing and defining program indicators and sources of data, and contribute to annual work plans, quarterly and annual reports, and other project documents;
- Design, test, and assure quality of data collection instruments as required by the program;
- Lead design and implementation of robust CLA approaches and processes; ensure use of existing evidence to promote improvements, collaboration, learning, and adaption, and identify solutions to promote data-based decision making among program and technical staff;
- Develop and oversee research components related to the project as needed;
- Initiate, design, and facilitate program reviews working closely with field-based and HQ-based technical teams;
- Design, facilitate, and conduct DQAs as needed;
- Build staff and partner capacity by training others in MEL skills; and,
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
- Master’s degree or higher in a related field;
- A minimum of 6 years of experience designing and implementing MEL systems for USAID-funded projects related to advocacy, governance, political participation, and civic engagement, preferably in the Philippines or the region;
- Familiarity and experience in designing commissioning, conducting evaluations, and/or research, a strong understanding and prior experience of measuring impact in campaigns, civic engagement, and democracy initiatives;
- Demonstrated expertise in qualitative and quantitative data collection, analysis, and management methods using technology and known software packages, such as SPSS, STAT, NVIVO or others;
- Knowledge of USAID Evaluation Policy and requirements;
- Proficiency in written and oral Filipino and English required. Filipino Nationals preferred; and,
- Commitment to the principles of inclusive approaches to programming that encourages full participation of individuals regardless of gender, disability status, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or other marginalized status.
About the Organization
Why World Learning
For more than 85 years, World Learning has worked to create a more peaceful, sustainable, and just world. Our education, development, and exchange programs help people find their voices, connect with their communities, and strengthen the institutions that form the backbone of a democratic society. With our support, these emerging leaders tackle critical global issues like poverty, conflict, and inequality.
As a thriving international nonprofit organization with impact in 150 countries, World Learning works across six major program areas. We’re hard at work improving global education to ensure schools and teachers have the tools they need to support students — including English language instruction through our TESOL teacher training. We encourage civic engagement in communities around the world, and we strengthen institutions so that they can best serve their constituencies. Our workforce developmentprograms help people cultivate the hard and soft skills they need to succeed. And we offer people-to-people exchanges for people of all ages who seek professional and academic enrichment.
All World Learning programs are grounded in five key approaches: experiential learning, leadership development, inclusive practices, innovation, and grants management. We believe in partnering with local experts, organizations, and institutions to find solutions that will truly work for each community. Together, we create the foundations for a better tomorrow.
World Learning is a member of the World Learning Inc.Opens a New Window. family, which also includes The Experiment in International Living and School for International Training.
World Learning is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action/veterans/ADA employer, committed to increasing the diversity of its workforce.