Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Specialist, USAID Citizens’ Involvement in Health Governance, Guinea
SI was awarded a three-year project under the Strengthening Civil Society Globally (SCS-Global) LWA, with the objective to foster public discussion of ongoing health system reforms and build channels to enable citizen engagement with public officials – district appointed and elected council officials, members of the National Assembly, and clinic management.
SI is seeking a MEL Specialist, a Guinean citizen, to lead all MEL activities under this contract. S/he would need to work closely with USAID/Guinea and partners to implement a MEL system and other activities. This is a full-time position for the duration of the project.
**Please note: This is a local position. Guinean citizens are highly encouraged to apply.**
- Responsible for all ME&L activities to assist in the implementation of activities.
- Serve as the project’s expert in ME&L, and lead the technical, implementation and management of programs and activities in ME&L.
- Work with other Mission partners in the design and implementation of an ME&L application for mobile technologies.
- Perform ME&L functions across the entire program portfolio and its activities, including the review and oversight of data sent through the project’s mobile data entry application used by project staff and partners.
- Identify and report on successes and failures during implementation.
- Develop and maintain the project/activity and annual ME&L plans, data collection, annual and semi-annual reports; analyze monitor and evaluate progress toward planned milestones, achievements and expected results, and report regularly on such progress to diverse target audiences including USAID, beneficiaries and other stakeholders.
- Plan, prepare, review and monitor field implementation of and ensure adherence and compliance to the appropriate USAID policies, frameworks and guidance.
- Manage the project’s approved Performance Management Plan, work with project staff and USAID to ensure timely and consistent data collection, consolidation and communications.
- Provide technical assistance in the monitoring activities to ensure compliance with US Government regulations and document program impact, performance and achievement of results.
- Conduct internal data quality assessment to ensure the quality of reported data and maintain well-organized archives for project consortium and partners.
- Organize project qualitative data collection using a specific methodology to document project impact at all levels
- Ensure the capacity building of project staff and partners in MEL and the project MEL system
- Attend the project’s coordination meetings and other project meetings and keep SI support team up-to-date on MEL support requirements for CIHG project
- Guinean citizenship highly preferred.
- A minimum of four years of progressively responsible, professional-level experience in ME&L or related sector program management in a fast-paced, multi-cultural environment, applying strong inter-personal, organizational, and ME&L skills is required.
- Experience in strategic planning, design and application of methods and strategies to produce, analyze and use data, and share/communicate information with a variety of actors in different environments; build or develop capacity related to ME&L and/or ME&L systems development is required.
- Must have strong inter-personal skills such as communication, negotiation, representational and program/project management and coordination, time management, quantitative and analytical skills with ability to communicate technical information clearly and effectively.
- Have strong knowledge in the use of ODK systems.
- Must have excellent English writing and speaking ability. French language communications skills are highly preferred. (3 writing/3 speaking level).
Come join our energetic and innovative team! We offer you the opportunity to play a leading role in the growth of our company, work as part of a creative and committed team, and make a difference in the well-being of our world.
To learn more about Social Impact, please visit our website: http://www.socialimpact.com.
SI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for next steps. Please, no phone calls.
About the Organization
Social Impact is a global development management consulting firm. We provide monitoring, evaluation, strategic planning, and capacity building services to advance development effectiveness. We work across all development sectors including democracy and governance, health and education, the environment, and economic growth. Since 1997 we have worked in over 100 countries for clients such as US government agencies, bilateral donors, multilateral development banks, foundations, and nonprofits.