Creative seeks a Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Specialist (MEL Specialist) for an upcoming donor-funded project. The MEL Specialist will be responsible for establishing and implementing an effective system to monitor progress, impacts and successes of project activities and performance at all levels. The MEL Specialist will also monitor all grant activities and sub-grantees and ensure that the project complies with USAID performance reporting requirements. S/he will conduct impact assessments, baseline studies, surveys and need assessments to identify necessary changes and future project opportunities. Additionally, as the project has a strong M&E component, the MEL Specialist will be providing M&E technical assistance to project beneficiaries and stakeholders specifically on situation analysis, SMART indicators (output and outcome), indicator reference sheets, data collection protocols, data use strategies, reporting and results-based management best practices.
Reporting & Supervision:
The MEL Specialist will report to the Chief of Party.
- Makes operational decisions and manages the various components of the program dealing with M&E;
- Manages data collection, analysis and reporting on performance indicators by project team members and project counterparts;
- Develops the Project Management Plan setting out specific quantifiable performance indicators and targets for overall objectives and activities and establishing monitoring systems to measure project progress;
- Leads writing of quarterly technical and financial reports; and
- Utilizes critical inputs, feedback, and assessments from evaluation partners to inform changes in program approaches and scale-up.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in social sciences, economics, international development, evaluation research, statistics, or a related field;
- At least five (5) years of experience in designing, managing and implementing results-based M&E activities in Colombia;
- Experience analyzing quantitative and qualitative data;
- Experience working with an international development organization and knowledge of reporting procedures, best practices, guidelines and tools for monitoring and evaluation, especially impact evaluation;
- Experience working in an M&E role on a governance and/or civil society program;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and relevant computer software skills with proficiency in Excel and other data management systems; and
- Proficiency in English and Spanish language skills.
Local candidates strongly encouraged to apply.
Position contingent upon donor funding.