International Business & Technical Consultants, Inc. (IBTCI) is seeking an experienced Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning Specialist for USAID/Vietnam’s Learns project in Vietnam. This is a mission-wide platform that will provide monitoring, evaluation and learning (MEL) services as well as collaborating, learning, and adapting guidance to USAID/Vietnam and its implementing partners (IPs). This position is open to Vietnamese nationals only.
This position is contingent upon award.
Essential Duties/Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Lead the design and development of MEL systems and processes, as required to meet USAID/Vietnam objectives.
- Lead all MEL capacity building efforts for USAID, implementing partners, and relevant project MEL and technical staff.
- Provide management and oversight of all data collection efforts related to MEL services, e.g. baseline assessments, performance evaluations, and data quality assessments (DQA).
- Manage standards of data quality, integrity, precision, validity, reliability and timeliness related to monitoring and evaluation processes, per USAID standards and regulations.
- Lead the assessment and evaluation teams, organizing fieldwork, writing detailed and contractible scopes of work for consulting services, and developing work plans, presentations and reports.
- Partner with the Chief of Party to represent project team to donor and key stakeholders, including in the preparation of key reports and documents, and in showcasing and presenting findings at conferences, etc.
- Lead analysis of MEL data for internal and external reporting, using dynamic data visualizations.
- Serve as liaison between key stakeholders.
- Use data results for learning and adaptive management, in accordance with USAID’s Collaborating, Learning and Adapting (CLA) model.
- Manage information transfers between data systems and evaluation teams.
- Other duties as assigned.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Experience with programming focused on health, food security food aid, and/or gender equality is preferred.
- Experience working with USAID’s CLA model and awareness of Knowledge Management theories a plus.
- Experience leading data collection efforts using mobile technologies and GPS mapping a plus.
- At least 5 years’ experience developing and supporting MEL plans and processes, including developing performance monitoring plans, indicator tracking processes and systems.
- Must have at least five years of experience in design and implementation of qualitative and quantitative inquiry methods and results, preferably with USAID-funded programs
- Previous experience recruiting and supervising field staff, researchers and consultants.
- Proven ability to write detailed and contractible scopes of work.
- Demonstrated experience training staff and enumerators in data collection processes and standards.
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of USAID monitoring, evaluation, and learning (MEL) policy and Automated Directives System.
- Excellent analytic skills, oral and written communication skills, interpersonal skills, and team management skills.
- Oral and written fluency in English required; fluency in Vietnamese highly preferred.
Education: Master’s Degree in International Development, Global Affairs, Monitoring and Evaluation, or related fields required.
Working Environment: Work is typically performed in an office environment.
Physical Requirements: This is largely a sedentary position that requires the ability to speak, hear, see, and lift small objects up to 20 lbs.
Supervisory Responsibility: This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
Travel: International travel in and around Vietnam is required.
Work Authorization: Candidate must be authorized to work in Vietnam.
No phone calls please. All candidates will be acknowledged, but only final candidates for particular activities will be contacted.
About the Organization
International Business & Technical Consultants, Inc. (IBTCI), a U.S. based international development consulting company established in 1987, has worked in over one hundred countries and implemented over two hundred projects. IBTCI serves government agencies, private sector companies and several donor agencies. IBTCI specializes in Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) across many sectors including, but not limited to, agriculture and food security, governance, economic growth, education, environment, and global health.