ME&L Specialist - Full-time staff position reporting to the ME&L Advisor.
The Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) was awarded a five-year USAID-funded project to establish the Center of Excellence in Energy Research, Education and Entrepreneurship (COE-Energy) at Ain Shams University in Egypt, in collaboration with Mansoura and Aswan Universities, under the auspices of the Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research (MOHESR). COE-Energy aims to work collaboratively with public and private sector partners to build the capacity of Egyptian universities to produce high-quality applied research in energy, deliver world-class training in engineering, and create a dynamic energy innovation ecosystem focused on meeting local challenges and contributing to economic growth in Egypt.
Provide technical assistance in planning and implementing monitoring and evaluation activities to capture valid, reliable and timely data on the project outputs and results in accordance with USAID requirements and in line with the project-level monitoring and evaluation plans. The candidate will be accountable for developing appropriate monitoring reports on project indicators and will assist in supporting the project management and stakeholders to learn from and make decisions based on M&E data. S/he will ensure that lessons learned are integrated into program implementation to continuously improve quality of interventions and outcomes. The M&E Specialist will assist in documenting and disseminating program achievements and successes stories
- Plan data collection methodology for adequate monitoring and evaluation of project activities and implementing partners’ performance.
- Coordinate regular review of progress towards achieving project goals and objectives with project management and stakeholders.
- Develop and oversee data flow patterns that will ensure timely data collection and reporting.
- Report on project outputs and results by providing written documentation on M&E activities and indicator results for progress and annual reports, as appropriate.
- Ensure quality of data through data verification procedures, including routine data quality audits.
- Represent the project M&E activities in public and professional circles through meetings, conferences, and presentations.
- Ensure relevant project data is entered into project data base and/or performance management system designed to capture, analyze, and disseminate project data.
- Promote and support the dissemination of project information among project management and staff.
- Coordinate M&E capacity-building activities with project staff and implementing partners
- Assist in designing the activities and tasks under each project objective defining each task’s output and when it will be achieved within each year.
- Work directly under the guidance of the ME&L Advisor, in collaboration with USAID to contribute and assist in populating and verifying the project’s Performance Monitoring Progress report and the Annual Work Plan.
- Track project achievements as per milestones and deliverables, agreed upon with USAID, set within the project’s monitoring tools.
- Support the production of the Annual Work Plan in addition to the quarterly reports and annual reports including reporting on PMP reports on a yearly basis.
- This is a full-time position in Cairo, Egypt with occasional travel to Mansoura and Aswan. The incumbent will not be a direct employee of MIT.
Skills & Experience
- Bachelor degree in international development, statistical science, information technology or a relevant field.
- 5-7 years of experience in M&E with USAID funded projects.
- Proven expertise in quantitative and qualitative methodologies, data analysis, data quality assessments, reporting and presenting monitoring and evaluation data and results.
- Proven expertise in setting up and managing M&E systems that track performance as per project objectives.
- Demonstrated ability in developing and/or using performance management plans or similar tools.
- Demonstrated ability in using knowledge management software and/or database
- Excellent analytical skills and the ability to summarize disparate information in a clear and concise manner
- Excellent research and data collection methodology skills and report writing abilities.
- Fluency in written and spoken English to communicate complex ideas and draft reports.
To apply please submit your most recent CV to EnergyCOE.EGY@gmail.com with the subject line “MELS-COE”. Application Deadline: Wednesday, March, 27th, 2019.
This Job Description is not designed to contain a comprehensive list of duties or responsibilities required. The employee will review the Job Description annually with their supervisors to include additional or revised responsibilities and tasks.
About the Organization
The Center of Excellence in Energy Research, Education and Entrepreneurship is a project of MIT in collaboration with Ain Shams, Mansoura, and Aswan Universities.
MIT is a private research university in Cambridge, Massachusetts founded in 1861 in response to the increasing industrialization of the United States. Traditionally known for its research and education in the physical sciences and engineering, MIT is often ranked among the world’s top five universities stressing laboratory instruction in applied science and engineering. MIT’s mission is to bring knowledge to bear on the world’s greatest challenges while educating students in engineering, science and the social sciences to best serve the world in the 21st century.