DT Global is a fast-growing international development organization that focuses on improving the capability, capacity, and effectiveness of development programming in complex global environments. Working across a variety of sectors – including Economic Growth, Environment & Infrastructure, Governance, Human Development, and Stabilization & Transition - we provide world class program management, design, analysis, and monitoring and evaluation services.
Built on the strengths, knowledge, and 50+ years of experience from AECOM International Development, Development Transformations, and the Global Peace and Development Charitable Trust, we have a global ecosystem – including a non-profit partner, the DT Institute – working together to develop cutting edge solutions to the world’s most pressing challenges. With corporate offices in the USA, Spain and Australia, in addition to project field offices in over 90 countries around the world, DT Global implements projects funded from a wide array of clients, including USAID, EU, DFAT, NC, MFAT, DFID and other public and private stakeholders. We value learning, research, and rapid program adaptation in response to changing realities on the ground. Together with our global team of experts, we are building technical capabilities across sectors in order to deliver high-quality interventions and transform lives around the world. For more information please see: DT Global.
The Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) Specialist will serve in an advisory and capacity-building role for M&E and collaboration, learning, and adapting (CLA) within Mission Tunis. The MEL Specialist will fill a critical gap by working collaboratively with USAID/Tunisia teams to develop high quality products and processes that will address requirements, build skills, develop examples, models and guidance for current and future staff, as well as build the capacity of the staff involved in the process so that they are prepared to take the lead in MEL endeavors. The MEL Specialist will work with USAID Tunisia teams to ensure that M&E requirements are met and advanced as well as help incorporate MEL into the overall operations of the Mission.
A. Technical Assistance
- Guide USAID/Tunisia in Program Cycle implementation, including developing performance management plans (PMPs) and project and/or activity MEL plans;
- Provide advice on developing and selecting indicators and assuring data quality;
- Help design monitoring tools;
- Track post-evaluation actions and synthesize learning;
- Provide technical assistance and other support to learning advisors and champions to facilitate CLA in Mission Tunisia programs;
- Work closely with technical staff to identify key program evaluation questions, design appropriate evaluations in focus countries, and determine CLA priorities;
- Support and/or lead internal/hybrid evaluation teams to bolster the technical evaluation skills of mission staff;
- Disseminate monitoring and evaluation findings and create communication products in various formats to inform decision makers, mission staff and practitioners.
B. Capacity Development
- Develop and conduct trainings, workshops, facilitated learning conversations and other capacity-building opportunities around M&E;
- Support incorporation of recommendations from evaluations and technical, contextual and experiential learning into program cycle processes;
- Convey community of practice or working group to share and encourage good practices;
- Seek out, understand, and map local expertise available to support field monitoring and evaluation tasks (e.g., surveys, evaluations, data collection, analysis, etc.)
Other Duties: The Assistant will perform other duties as assigned and as such, must be flexible.
Education & Minimum Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Development Economics or related field;
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience in development, including experience in research, designing and managing systems for learning, organizational development and knowledge management;
- Experience working in a multi-cultural environment with a diverse staff;
- Experience in establishing MEL systems and conducting participatory research of qualitative and quantitative nature;
- Excellent English language writing, editing and oral communication skills;
- Advanced degree in Development Economics is desirable.
- TEAMWORK: Works cooperatively and effectively with others to achieve common goals. Participates in building a culture characterized by inclusion, trust and commitment.
- COMMUNICATION: Effectively conveys information and expresses thoughts professionally. Demonstrates effective use of listening skills and displays openness to other people’s ideas and thoughts.
- ADAPTABILITY: Adjusts planned work by gathering relevant information and applying critical thinking to address multiple demands and competing priorities in a changing environment.
- CUSTOMER/CLIENT FOCUSED: Anticipates, monitors and meets the needs of customers and responds to them in an appropriate and responsive manner.
- DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION: Conveys respect for diverse individuals and perspectives; models inclusive behavior and treats everyone fairly.
- PROFESSIONALISM: Displays appropriate and ethical behavior, integrity and personal presentation in the workplace always; demonstrates respectful communication for others, both verbal and non-verbal.
- We thank all applicants for their interest. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
DT Global, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity, or national origin. DT Global, LLC prohibits discriminating against employees and job applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose the compensation of the employee or applicant or another employee or applicant.