Position: Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning Specialist
Location: Manila, Philippines (with country-wide travel up to 25%)
Duration: Five years
Position Summary: RI seeks a MEL Specialist for the USAID–funded Safe Water Activity in the Philippines. This will be a five year WASH program with the aim of improving water security of water-stressed communities in the Philippines. The MEL Specialist will be responsible for technical leadership and quality oversight of all monitoring, evaluation and learning aspects of the project funded through the Safe Water Activity, including partner MEL frameworks and related activities. S/he will manage the project’s Performance Monitoring and Evaluation Plan, develop relevant M&E tools and processes, and provide technical training and guidance to the project team and partners on these MEL tools and processes. S/he oversee all activities related to indicator data collection, collation, storage, analysis, and reporting ensuring that data is audit worthy and incorporated into program reports for submission to USAID.
The position is for national staff, and subject to project award and funding. S/he will additionally act as the focal point for any evaluations conducted throughout the duration of the project, including internal, external, and third-party evaluation activities. Learning and adaptation will be prioritized during this project, and the Specialist will lead all learning events and subsequent presentation of findings.
Position Responsibilities and Duties:
- Lead the development and execution of the final project Performance Monitoring and Evaluation Plan.
- Lead the development of relevant MEL tools and platforms, and provide related technical trainings, mentoring, and coaching to the project team and partners.
- Develop responsive and adaptive MEL data collection and analysis systems to ensure that program interventions are effective.
- Lead and maintain a knowledge management system for the project, across all project components and partners.
- Contribute to program reports for submission to donor.
- Support program staff and senior management to use data to make informed and timely decisions related to program implementation.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the COP.
- Ensure adherence to ethical and MEL guidelines and protocols of RI and the USAID.
Qualifications & requirements:
This position demands a dynamic individual with a demonstrated ability to achieve results in a demanding and fast paced environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in statistics, international development, economics, or another relevant field.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience managing data-intensive programs in designing, monitoring, and evaluation methodologies.
- Demonstrated ability to coach and train others in MEL methodologies.
- Significant experience with qualitative and quantitative data collection and analysis methods, including tracking outcome indicators.
- Demonstrated experience in analyzing, interpreting, and reporting on M&E results so that lessons can be learned and incorporated into programming
- Experience using mobile data collection platforms
- Prior experience working on programs in relevant areas such as WASH, governance, humanitarian response or related field.
- Prior experience in the M&E sector in Asia desirable
- Background and knowledge of USAID Rules and Regulations.
- Strong ability to manage and deal with diverse stakeholders.
To be considered, please send your CV, cover letter, and three (3) supervisory references (with contact information) to firstname.lastname@example.org with an email subject line: position title.
We encourage you to apply as soon as possible. The closing date for this position is May 17, 2019. However, as we will be processing resumes on a rolling basis we may identify a candidate prior to the closing date.
We uphold the Humanitarian Principles: humanity, neutrality, impartiality and operational independence.
We affirmatively engage the most vulnerable communities.
- Transparency and accountability
- Agility and innovation
About the Organization
Relief International is a leading nonprofit organization working in 18 countries to relieve poverty, ensure well-being and advance dignity. We specialize in fragile settings, responding to natural disasters, humanitarian crises and chronic poverty.
Relief International combines humanitarian and development approaches to provide immediate services while laying the groundwork for long-term impact. Our signature approach — which we call the RI Way—emphasizes local participation, an integration of services, strategic partnerships and a focus on civic skills. In this way, we empower communities to find, design and implement the solutions that work best for them.
Relief International includes the four corporate members of the RI Alliance: RI-US, RI-UK, MRCA/RI-France and RI-Europe. Under our alliance agreement we operate as a single, shared management structure.