Tetra Tech International Development Services headquartered in Arlington, VA is currently accepting expressions of interest from qualified candidates for a potential Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Specialist position on a USAID funded program in Zambia.
Position Description/Summary: The purpose of the Water, Sanitation and Hygiene – Governance Institutions and Policy (WASH-GIP) Activity is to facilitate private sector-driven sustainable access to safe water, sanitation and hygiene services, strengthen the enabling environment through accountability and citizens engagement in underserved areas of Zambia (Northern, Western and Muchinga Provinces) for improved health and economic outcomes.
* Collaborate with the Chief of Party, the Deputy Chief of Party and technical team members on annual planning, definition of outputs, outcomes and results and coordinate the preparation of quarterly and annual reports, as well as other deliverables involving WASH sector-related data and indicators;
* Ensure compliance with Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning Plan (MELP) and rigorous review and update the MELP each year;
* Ensure data quality, rigor and relevance for all approved indicators and preparation/validation of detailed indicator reference sheets;
* Support formulation and implementation of project-level learning and adaption efforts;
* Collaborate with the Chief of Party, Deputy Chief of Party and technical team members in the design of evidence-based research and data collection activities focused on decentralized governance and devolved service delivery;
* Engage professionally with relevant government, academic, and policy-oriented organizations in support of evidence-based research and data collection concerning decentralized governance and service delivery;
* Support creative and high-quality project communications;
* Support staff, partners, and grantees in collecting reporting, and verifying that data and indicators meet Tetra Tech and USAID quality standards.
* Bachelor’s Degree in related field, Master’s Degree highly preferred;
* At least 5 years of demonstrated leadership of MEL tasks and teams. Familiarity with academic research methodologies and data collection, as well as theory of change;
* Demonstrated ability to make recommendations and provide guidance to senior management through holistic analysis;
* Experience with organization development, performance management strongly preferred;
* Experience in MEL with donor funded projects; USAID funded project preferred;
* Demonstrated ability to generate creative and impactful data displays preferred;
* English language fluency (oral and written) is required;
* Zambian Nationals are strongly encouraged to apply.
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of the online application process:
* Cover Letter
* CV in reverse chronological format
Please ensure that all necessary documents are uploaded, as incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration. Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. No phone calls will be accepted.
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees - 20,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in over 400 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams. We are an equal opportunity employer: EOE AA/M/F/Vets/Disability.