Banyan Global is an international development consulting firm committed to improving livelihoods through market approaches for a broad and lasting impact. Banyan Global is headquartered in Washington, DC with staff working in a number of developing countries. Banyan Global operates seamlessly within six practice areas: health, finance and investment, enterprise development, gender, youth, and evaluation and learning.
Banyan Global is seeking senior and mid-level Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Specialists for upcoming USAID-funded MEL activities. Candidates must have a minimum of 6 years of experience in performance monitoring, performance and impact evaluations, qualitative and quantitative data collection and analysis, training, and/or capacity building. A master’s degree and experience on USAID-funded projects, especially MEL platforms and projects, is preferred.
- Provide oversight and high-level technical support for on-going evaluations, performance monitoring, learning, and capacity building activities in the field;
- Design and implement performance and/or impact evaluations of international development projects;
- Ensure the integrity of proposed evaluation methodologies and processes of evaluation findings;
- Lead the conceptualization of quantitative and qualitative data collection and analytical methods to support evaluation design and implementation;
- Write, compile, and/or edit program reports;
- Manage standards of data quality, integrity, precision, validity, reliability and timeliness related to monitoring and evaluation processes, per USAID standards and regulations;
- Ensure the quality of work and compliance with USAID’s Evaluation Policy;
- Manage and coordinate the overall approach to performance monitoring including the development of Mission-level performance management plans and program-level MEL plans, including the development of a results/logical framework and corresponding set of performance indicators;
- Lead the design and development of a performance monitoring system;
- Lead collaborating, learning and adapting activities to maximize impact on projects;
- Design and facilitate training workshops on monitoring and evaluation (M&E) topics for local staff, USAID missions and key stakeholders; and,
- Support other developing MEL plans and processes, as needed.
- Master’s degree plus minimum 6 years of experience in performance monitoring; evaluations; collaborating, learning and adapting; and capacity building and/or training.
- Demonstrated experience in supporting and leading MEL platforms and/or project-wide M&E activities for international development projects.
- Demonstrated experience in mixed methods design, qualitative and quantitative data collection, statistical analysis, and the application of participatory research methods.
- Experience designing USAID Performance Management Plans, and indicator development.
- Ability to travel internationally for short-term consultancies.
- Experience on USAID-funded projects, including strong conceptual knowledge of MEL, and USAID’s Evaluation Policy and CLA framework.
Salary is commensurate with background and experience. Please apply to the position through our website, https://banyanglobal.com/careers/, and include a cover letter and résumé in your submission. Banyan Global is an equal opportunity employer. Deadline for submissions is December 31, 2018. No phone calls please.
About the Organization
Banyan Global is an international development consulting firm headquartered in Washington, DC with staff working in a number of developing countries. Banyan Global operates seamlessly within six practice areas: finance and investment, health, gender, youth, enterprise development, and monitoring and evaluation (M&E).