Chemonics seeks monitoring, evaluation, and learning (MEL) specialists for the anticipated USAID Regional Energy Program in India. The program aims to enhance energy security in South Asia by improving access to affordable, secure, reliable, and sustainable energy through expanded, transparent, and efficient energy markets. The MEL specialist will develop, implement, manage, and assess key MEL indicators to demonstrate success in strengthening electric company capacity, developing viable off-grid electrification models, enhancing the country’s energy regulator, and catalyzing private investment for energy projects. The position will be based in the National Capital Region of India. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Lead the MEL team to design, implement, and manage a MEL system of data collection tools and procedures, analysis, and reporting related to project targets
- Work with the chief of party, the technical team, and USAID counterparts to refine project indicators and participate in work planning using the Activity Monitoring and Evaluation Plan (AMEP)
- Design, format, and share MEL databases and spreadsheets
- Supervise MEL staff to organize data collection in accordance with the AMEP, maintain MEL systems, and periodically evaluate and adjust MEL systems to improve their effectiveness
- Ensure accurate data
- Compile and analyze relevant data on project indicators for reporting requirements, and prepare MEL data for clients
- Coordinate with technical teams, regional offices, and relevant stakeholders to ensure that project initiatives align with performance targets
- Bachelor’s degree in international development, natural or social sciences, or another relevant field. Master’s degree preferred
- Minimum 3 years of experience in monitoring and evaluation, and previous experience as a MEL manager
- Experience with mobile data collection (tablet or phone applications)
- Experience managing a large team and deploying MEL programs, both within India and in neighboring countries such as Bangladesh, Nepal, Bhutan, and Sri Lanka, strongly preferred
- Strong spreadsheet/word processing skills
- Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize tasks, and work under pressure
- Ability to convey results to non-technical stakeholders
- Ability to strengthen MEL results to improve programming
- Attention to detail and exceptional organizational skills
- Ability to exercise confidentiality and professionalism
- Success working on a team with program and technical staff
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills in English, both verbal and written
Please send an email with your CV and cover letter attached to IREPrecruit@chemonics.com and “MEL Manager –IREP” in the subject line by November 26, 2019. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted, and we will be interviewing candidates on a rolling basis.
The protection of your personal data is important to Chemonics. If you are located in the European Union, please read our EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice to learn how we process your personal data. For more information, please read the EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice here: https://chemonics.com/eu-recruiting-data-privacy-notice/.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices. All qualified applicants will received consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, or protected veteran status, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.
About the Organization
Owned entirely by employees, Chemonics is an ISO-9001 certified international development company. For more than 40 years, we have partnered with local and international organizations to promote social and economic change around the world.
Chemonics International is a leading international development consulting firm based in Washington, D.C. with more than 40 years of experience implementing programs around the world.