LINC seeks Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) Specialists for an anticipated USAID-funded Uganda Inclusive Agricultural Markets Activity. The purpose of Uganda IAM is to increase incomes and improve the livelihoods of households through agricultural-led inclusive economic growth. The activity will scale up the market systems approach and focus investments on cross-market functions that enhance systemic changes. These are full-time positions contingent upon donor award.
The MEL Specialists are expected to provide technical expertise for all market systems monitoring, evaluation, and learning activities. These will include incorporation of systems measures into the Activity MEL plan, support design of the MEL framework, baseline and follow-up data collection and analysis, and monitoring system level changes including changing relationships within the market systems. The ideal candidate will have proven experience helping teams apply information and knowledge generated through M&E systems and integrate collaborate, learn and adapt (CLA) approaches into all aspects of design, implementation and evaluation.
- Lead the systems-level baseline (and follow-up) data collection process using systems thinking tools such as network analysis and complementary qualitative tools.
- Contribute to the Activity MEL plan by incorporating systems-change measurement tools.
- Monitor, document and report systems-level changes over time.
- Design and coordinate learning approaches that enable analysis of data, context and emerging experience, as well as iterative adaptive management for the Activity’s technical approaches, and its targets and indicators to unpredicted challenges and opportunities evolving in the market and other influences.
- Improve Activity implementation and adaptive management through an iterative and dynamic learning approach and a variety of collaborating, learning and adapting (CLA) processes and activities with key stakeholders with a focus on the market system.
- Participate in and contribute to regular strategy meetings with COP, other Activity personnel, and USAID to analyze progress and lessons learned to inform and update new work plans.
- Build capacity of project staff and local partners in systems thinking.
Skills and Qualifications
- A bachelor’s degree in international development or social sciences, a master’s degree preferred
- 3 to 8 years of relevant experience in designing and utilizing monitoring and evaluation systems for activities of similar size and scope for donors/U.S. Government agencies or international NGO or institutions
- Proven and relevant experience developing and using Collaborating, Learning, and Adapting approaches
- Proven experience in multi-stakeholder engagement; bringing together diverse players around shared issues
- Prior experience or familiarity with agriculture or market systems programming in Uganda is highly desirable
- Strong analytical and communication skills, including excellent writing ability in English
Send resume / CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with the position title included in the subject line. No phone calls please. Applications will be acknowledged, but only final candidates for will be contacted. LINC LLC is an equal opportunity employer.
About the Organization
LINC is a US-based small business that assists local and international organizations to design effectively, increase institutional capacity, forge lasting partnerships, and measure impact. We have developed ground-breaking tools to map organizational networks, measure social capital, and leverage systems-based approaches to development. We understand the unique constraints local organizations face, and offer practical solutions via training, consulting services, research and advocacy. At LINC, we believe that a practical approach to engaging committed, capable local organizations in leading their own development increases international development effectiveness and sustainability. For more information on LINC, please visit: www.linclocal.org