Are you passionate about driving programs focused on foreign assistance? Do you want to be part of an organization that offers meaningful assignments and opportunities to expand your skills and expertise? At Dexis, you will experience a corporate culture of inclusiveness, fairness, and trust. You will be given the means and mentorship needed to succeed, and your creativity will be rewarded.
About the Position
Dexis is seeking an experienced Monitoring and Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Technical Consultant to provide surge monitoring and evaluation (M&E) short-term technical assistance (STTA) services to the Jordan MELA Field Team. The consultancy is open to US Nationals, Third Country Nationals, and Jordanian Nationals, and is expected to start mid-March 2021.
Jordan Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning Activity (MELA)
Based in Amman, Jordan, the Jordan Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning Activity is designed to ensure USAID’s activities in Jordan achieve their intended results through monitoring and evaluation, strategic assessments, and USAID’s Collaborating, Learning, and Adapting approach (CLA). Dexis Consulting Group, as a major subcontractor to The Kaizen Company, works closely with Kaizen to help USAID/Jordan create a dynamic learning environment among development actors, focused on innovation, quality, and knowledge sharing. Through the Kaizen Accelerator, a rapid procurement mechanism, a cohort of Jordanian firms will work with the MELA team to successfully deliver activities while simultaneously strengthening their management and compliance systems. This approach will provide USAID with high-quality MEL services across its portfolio, build the capacity of local MEL institutions, and ensure programs meaningfully incorporate local participation. The MELA team will ensure program sustainability by building the technical and institutional capacity of one or more local firms that can manage the follow-on MEL Activity in the future.
MEL Technical Consultant Responsibilities:
The MEL Technical Consultant will provide technical guidance and lead Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning activities assigned by the MELA Field Team. S/he will be responsible for managing the assigned evaluations, assessments, and technical activities. The Chief of Party and his Deputy will assign tasks to the Technical Consultant’s portfolio and the Consultant will maintain open lines of communication with the field as well as the home office. The MEL Technical Consultant must be able to translate evidence collected into guidance for implementation, to communicate effectively with diverse audiences (for example senior country counterparts, donor representatives, and implementing partners), and able to resolve work issues related to the technical aspects of his/her portfolio. Further duties and tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Working closely with the Chief of Party, Deputy Chief of Party, and the MEL Team to incorporate activities into the work plan
- Planning, sequencing, and implementing activities included in the work plan
- Overseeing the management and recruitment for and/or serving as team leader for select evaluations and assessments as delegated by the MELA Field Team
- Supporting the designing of methodologies, detailed SOWs, data collection tools, performance monitoring plans, etc.
- Providing MEL strategy, feedback, and technical assistance to evaluation project teams, including technical reviews of draft evaluation reports, evaluation methodology, data collection tools, and other deliverables.
- Contributing to the production of reports, MEL trainings and webinars, and other deliverables for the Contracting Office
- Assisting with data analysis and presentation of data findings
- Overseeing a technical team of MEL and Knowledge Management specialists
- Overseeing subcontractors and consultants participating in data collection, delivery, and reporting
- Supporting the planning, budgeting, and logistics for MEL activities and capacity building trainings
- In collaboration with USAID, identifying training needs for program monitoring within the mission and amongst local implementing partners
- Assisting with strengthening the capacity of local MEL professionals and organizations through coaching, on-the-job trainings, and webinars.
- Master’s Degree in international development, economics, statistics, research methods, political science, public policy, social science, or a related field
- At least 7 years of relevant Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning experience, including data analysis and assessment, designing evaluation methodologies and SOWs, indicator development, and utilizing data quality verification techniques for large development projects
- Proven experience conducting trainings and capacity development activities, as well as facilitating learning events
- Previous experience working with USAID and familiarity with USAID policies related to evaluation and performance management
- Excellent written and oral communication in English
- At least 10 years of relevant Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning experience
- Experience analyzing data, and presenting data for use and application
- Experience with MEL Platforms
- Examples of providing support to Activity MEL Plans and PMPs
- Familiarity with the current MEL ecosystem in Jordan
- Written and spoken proficiency in Arabic and English
- Ability to be based in Jordan
About the Organization
Dexis is on a mission to help solve today’s most pressing global political, social, and economic challenges and create a world where all people are safe and prosperous. As a Dexis employee, you will be challenged, empowered, and mentored. Our motto is “find a way or make a way” — that’s how Dexis goes “all in.” How will you?
If you are passionate about this opportunity, apply now!
Only those applicants who meet the above criteria will be contacted for interview.
Dexis is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, national origin, religion, pregnancy, disability, age, genetic information, military service, veteran status, ethnicity, citizenship, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, childbirth and related medical conditions, including lactation, or any other protected class under applicable law.