This position is located in the U.S. Global Development Lab’s (Lab) Center for Development Innovation. The Lab is an organization established to harness the power of Science, Technology, Innovation and Partnership (STIP) to significantly accelerate the achievement of foreign policy and development goals. The Lab’s two part mission is: 1) produce breakthrough development innovations; and 2) accelerate the transformation of the U.S. development enterprise.
The Monitoring & Evaluation Research Specialist position is located in the Lab’s Center for Development Innovation. The incumbent will contribute to Center-wide coordination of data collection from implementing partners, perform data entry and validation, conduct data analysis and visualization, and produce reporting products and materials required by the Center. The incumbent will work directly with implementing partners, where appropriate and in coordination with A/CORs, to streamline collection and reporting of performance data and support the establishment and implementation of programmatic monitoring and evaluation plans. The incumbent may work with the team / center leadership to establish short and long-term program evaluation goals for the team, develop detailed plans, and execute them.
- Respond to Agency data calls, taskers, and various other Monitoring and Evaluation actions.
- Update and maintain the database of the team’s support activities.
- Update and maintain the team’s Google Drive file management.
- Update and maintain team calendar, including scheduling and note-taking during weekly team meetings.
- Conduct periodic analysis of trends and patterns emerging from the team’s advising, training, and institutional engagement to inform strategy and decision-making. This will include both qualitative and quantitative data.
- Assist technical staff in the preparation of various program documents and correspondence by collecting and compiling data for use in regular and ad hoc reporting such as: memos and waivers, amendments, project authorization documents, Congressional Notifications, Technical Notifications, requests, etc.
- Researches, plans, analyzes, and organizes technical and/or statistical information and develops data for use in briefings, publications, and reports.
- Conducts post-activity evaluations and assessments based on the team’s principles of innovation design.
- Prepares program communications such as cables, memoranda, and letters that seek approval or request information relative to program matters.
- Collects and makes arrangements for distribution of material to the USAID missions, USAID/W offices, host country institutions, and cooperating agencies.
- Proactively and creatively oversee compliance with regulatory and administrative procedures, including results frameworks and data calls, as needed.
- Participates in country team activities as needed.
- Provides short term backstopping support as requested for technical staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree and at least 4- 6 years of relevant experience required
- Strong project management skills, including the ability to effectively coordinate multiple projects
- Simultaneously, work well under tight time constraints, and meet deadlines with attention to detail and quality
- Strong analytical skills, including the ability to use data analysis programs such as Stata, SPSS and GIS programs and/or advanced Microsoft Excel functions
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with experience producing both technical reports and communication pieces
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to work effectively with interagency and multicultural teams
- Ability to work in a fast paced, high volume, multi-client environment
- Experience in implementing M&E strategies, systems and processes for development programs, including the use of theories of change, results (logical) frameworks, performance indicators and a range of evaluation methodologies.
- Proven ability to prepare training materials and to support capacity building activities in both domestic and international settings
- Familiarity with USAID M&E policies, guidelines and requirements
- Experience in international development and experience working with USAID or on USAID projects
- Willingness to travel internationally
About the Organization
Social Solutions International, Inc. is a woman and minority-owned company. Social Solutions emphasizes quality research and evaluation, training and technical assistance, and institutional support services. We are a mission-driven organization that believes that superior science can improve the world. Social Solutions is dedicated to the creation of social and health solutions to improve the welfare of underserved populations worldwide.