Cardno International Development seeks a M&E Expert to lead M&E activities for an upcoming PFM reform project in Tanzania. The M&E expert will design and implement the project’s M&E strategy and support the project team of 15 members in their collaboration with the Government of Tanzania’s initiative to implement a range of PFM reforms to strengthen economic governance in Tanzania at the central, regional, and local levels affecting 26 regions and 188 local authorities. PFM has been at the core of Tanzania’s development efforts over the past two decades with the Government-Donor financed Public Financial Management Reform Progamme (PFMRP), and recent efforts have placed a focus on reforms at the regional/local level.
The M&E Expert will perform the following duties:
- Develop a relevant and effective M&E strategy to monitor the performance of the implementation of PFM reforms at the central and regional levels;
- Implement the M&E strategy in coordination with PFM consulting team along with key stakeholders of the ministry and partners at the regional and local level;
- Actively seek opportunities to leverage data to improve the execution of the PFM project;
- Track the results of the M&E plan on a scheduled basis and share the data and insights with stakeholders;
- Provide capacity-building support to stakeholders to ensure that adequate data is collected in order to support managers to make informed decisions.
- Minimum 10 years’ of experience designing and implementing Monitoring & Evaluation projects in a developing country setting, preferably related to PFM or governance.
- Master’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, Statistics, Public Administration, Public Health, Economics, International Development, or other relevant area of study.
- Experience providing M&E support on donor funded projects: DFID, USAID, World Bank, ADB, etc.
- Demonstrated experience working on complex and geographically dispersed development projects in Sub Saharan Africa, and leading efforts to collect and analyze qualitative and quantitative data to measure the performance, impact, and sustainability of a project.
- Demonstrated experience coordinating and leading ongoing and user-friendly analysis, and presenting findings to stakeholders for informed decision-making.
- Advance writing and communication skills and demonstrated ability to communicate complex data and results to a variety of stakeholders and non-technical personnel.
- Knowledge of PFM reform and decentralization efforts in Sub Saharan Africa.
- Professional fluency in English.
- Tanzanian nationals are encouraged to apply.
Cardno International Development has a 50-year history of serving the U.S. Government’s foreign assistance objectives. The team brings together a broad range of experience and talent, a rich history of innovation and passion, and an established reputation for high quality services across many sectors. We have offices in Brisbane, Brussels, Dili, Jakarta, Manila, Melbourne, Nairobi, Oxford, Port Moresby, Yangon, and Washington, D.C.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Cardno offers an excellent compensation and benefits package. Cardno is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Equal Opportunity statement for U.S. based applicants: Cardno has a long standing policy of Equal Opportunity in employment. Our practice is to fill positions by selecting applicants who can perform the work in a competent and professional manner. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status. At any time, if you need an accommodation during the application process, please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.