Job Title: Monitoring & Evaluation Lead
Internal Title: Technical Advisor II
Department: Programs – DFSA
Job Type: Full-Time
Reports To: Chief of Party
Note: This position is contingent upon grant and candidate approvals by the donor.
About the program
The United States Agency for International Development (USAID) Office of Food for Peace (FFP) is seeking applications for funding for development food security activities in Zimbabwe from 2020-2025. Drawing on previous experience in managing USAID Food for Peace (FFP) awards in Zimbabwe, as well as considerable experience managing and implementing FFP awards globally, CRS will be submitting a proposal in response to the anticipated 2020 FFP Development Food Security Activity (DFSA) Request for Applications (RFA). The proposed program will involve a multi-sectoral response to build resilience and address food insecurity and malnutrition in Zimbabwe, with focus on Matabeleland North.
The Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Lead will provide technical guidance and support to a wide range of program design and implementation issues with a focus on larger projects in the area of Monitoring and Evaluation, in line with Catholic Relief Services (CRS) program quality principles and standards, donor guidelines, and industry best practices, to advance the delivery of high-quality programming to the poor and vulnerable. Your technical knowledge, advice and guidance to the DFSA program will contribute to determining how effective, adaptive and innovative CRS’ food security programming is across the globe.
Education and Experience
* A Masters’ degree or above in a quantitative field such as Economics, Agricultural Economics, Statistics, Biostatistics, Nutrition, Applied Sociology, Anthropology or relevant programs, with significant training in quantitative methods required.
* Minimum of 5 years relevant international working experience in leading the monitoring and evaluation of a large award, in an advisory or management role with progressive responsibilities, ideally with an international NGO. Field experience in low-resource environments required.
* Experience working with USG donors, USAID/FFP and/or USAID/FTF preferred.
* Demonstrated knowledge of Theory of Change, logic models, food and nutrition security indicators, data quality assurance, data utilization, gender and youth integration in M&E required.
* Familiarity with designing and overseeing implementation of program studies and evaluation and use of findings to support adaptive management.
* Experience in mentoring, coaching, facilitation and training applying adult learning principles and practices.
* Experience and skills in networking and relations with donors, peer organizations, and faith-based and civil society partners. Understanding of partnership principles.
* Proficient in MS Office packages (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), Web Conferencing Applications, information, knowledge-sharing networks. Experience in database development/management, SPSS, Stata, EPI-Info, Access, Excel desired.
Required/Desired Foreign Language: None
Travel Required: Ability to travel for up to 50% of time.
Key Working Relationships
Supervisory: MEAL Officers
Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff):
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
* Strategic Mindset
* Accountability & Stewardship
* Builds Relationships
* Develops Talent
* Continuous Improvement & Innovation
Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
CRS’ talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
CRS is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. We welcome as a part of our staff and as partners people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need.
Location(s): Zimbabwe - - TBD