The purpose of the Ethiopia Electronic Health Information System (e-HIS) project is to support the Federal Ministry of Health (FMOH) in strengthening and modernizing the national Health Information System of Ethiopia. The project will involve supporting the government of Ethiopia to develop and bring to scale priority electronic health information systems, instill a culture of data use, build capacity and
Deloitte LLP is seeking a Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Advisor for an anticipated USAID Ethiopia Health Information Systems (HIS) project. The expected purpose of the project is to improve the collection and use of high-quality routine information in the health sector and contribute to improved quality, efficiency and availability of primary health and nutrition services at all levels.
The MEL Advisor will be responsible for the leadership and in-country management of the project’s monitoring, evaluation and learning activities.
- Establishing project MEL Plan in accordance with USAID rules and regulations and Deloitte LLP policy.
- Work with technical staff to measure the effectiveness of the HIS program in real-time and flag areas in need of attention
- Provide Chief of Party’s regular updates on program performance and indicator results
- Assist in evaluating the performance of the program activities and prepare regular progress reports detailing program results against strategic objective and intermediate result indicators
- Recommend to the Chief of Party additional methods of identifying and assessing program impact
- Work with KM & Communications Specialist to capture and feature program successes in innovative and compelling ways.
- Bachelor’s Degree in economics, international development, social sciences, statistics or other relevant field.
- 5-7 years of experience in designing, leading, and implementing M&E activities on complex development programs (USAID-funded preferred)
- Ability to work and quickly adapt in a complex environment.
- Strong data management, analysis, and visualization skills.
- Experience using latest data visualization tools to demonstrate impact
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English, including evidence of quality report writing and presentations
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines with quality products
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Strong training, communications and personnel management skills
- Out of the box thinker who can bring nontraditional ideas/solutions to project roadblocks
- Ethiopian national strongly preferred
- Fluency in English is required. Fluency in Amharic is preferred
About the Organization
For more than 25 years, Deloitte’s Emerging Markets practice has worked with governments, donor agencies, NGOs and private firms in over 60 countries to build the institutions, legal framework, and policies required for effective public and private sector growth.