Chemonics seeks a monitoring, evaluation, learning, and adaptive management director for the anticipated USAID Liberia Strategic Technical Assistance for Improved Health System Performance and Health Outcomes (STAIP) project. The purpose of this project is to support the strengthening of the Ministry of Health’s systems to improve patient outcomes at primary health care facilities by providing sustainable capacity building and incentivizing better health systems performance through performance-based financing. Select technical assistance will be provided at the central level to ensure alignment and implementation of national priorities and processes. Additionally, an important component of this activity will be to support meaningful reforms in health financing, including delivery of selected priorities in alignment with the Ministry of Health’s Liberia Health Equity Fund to ensure quality and equitable access to health services without undue financial burden to patients. The monitoring, evaluation, learning, and adaptive management director will be expected to lead development and management of STAIP’s monitoring and evaluation system and processes including performance monitoring and reporting and operational research.
The monitoring, evaluation, learning, and adaptive management director will ensure that evaluations are consistent with the project’s expected results and track progress of activities in achieving the project’s goals and outcomes. He or she will also manage and coordinate field monitoring and expert assessments and any other personnel responsible for monitoring performance and collecting data and reports. Under the leadership of the chief of party and deputy chief of party, the director will also lead the adaptation management design and coordinate implementation required under this award to ensure adaptation measurements and course correction are put into place as a required response to changing dynamics within the country and within the health sector. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Lead development and management of STAIP’s monitoring and evaluation (M&E) systems and other processes to include performance monitoring and reporting and operational research
- Oversee and provide strategic direction of project knowledge management and research activities
- Ensure that the project effectively and consistently reports on progress towards project outcomes
- Employ adaptive management techniques in response to project monitoring data to ensure responsive implementation
- Supervise and provide technical and operation direction to the project’s M&E specialist and data managers, including remote supervision of data collection efforts in target counties
- Other duties as assigned by the deputy chief of party
- Demonstrated international experience in rigorous quantitative research and analytical methods and experience in qualitative research, with a strong understanding of M&E issues with respect to improvements in service delivery and health systems strengthening
- Proven experience in research/study design and implementation, including design and data analysis of quantitative and qualitative studies and rapid appraisals
- Demonstrated hands-on practical experience setting up and managing M&E systems for health programs
- Experience with M&E work in health systems strengthening, family planning/reproductive health, maternal neonatal and child health, and malaria required
- Demonstrable analytical skills to measure the health impact of the project’s activities
- Experience with the capacity building of government counterparts
- Strong international, leadership, and communications skills; strategic, solutions-oriented approach to work
- Excellent report writing, analytical, and communication skills across a variety of media
- Proven track record in knowledge management and the dissemination of research findings
- Excellent computer skills (Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, and Outlook) are required to effectively implement, analyze, monitor, and manage activity goals, inputs, outcomes, and achievements
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
Please apply through https://ghdrecruit.formstack.com/forms/liberia_health_systems_strengthening. Candidates will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the positions are filled. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.
The protection of your personal data is important to Chemonics. If you are located in the EU, please read our EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice to learn how we process your personal data. For more information, please read the EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice here: https://chemonics.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/12/EU-Recruiting-Data-Privacy-Notice-12.2018.pdf
About the Organization
Owned entirely by employees, Chemonics is an ISO-9001 certified international development company. For more than 40 years, we have partnered with local and international organizations to promote social and economic change around the world.