The Australia office has been successfully delivering M&E projects across Australasia over a range of key areas that include climate and natural resources, economic development, evidence & statistics, governance and human development - https://www.opml.co.uk/work-with-us/teams/australia
OPM is known globally for providing rigorous, impactful work with a “thinker-doer” approach and we are looking for a qualified MEL Consultant to join our team to predominately work in the Australasia region, whilst also contributing to OPM’s global practice, where appropriate.
This is an exciting and varied position to join a small, growing and successful team. You will have autonomy to engage with prospective clients (both donor agencies and government ministries) and to research and pursue opportunities in line with the OPM Australia strategy.
Key responsibilities include:
Project Delivery – 65%
- Apply MEL technical knowledge and facilitative methods to on-going and new projects, particularly focused on the development and monitoring of MEL frameworks;
- Provide technical inputs into development of evaluation TORs, methodologies, plans, and reports;
- Ensure that outputs are delivered on time and in accordance with OPM quality and report writing standards; and,
- Manage small evaluation consulting projects falling within the Australasia region.
Business Development – 15%
- Cultivate and foster relationships with key experts and contacts in the technical field and develop strong collaborative, consultative and collegial working relationships with clients
- Support OPM Australia’s profile building activities in the area of MEL.
Project Acquisition – 20%
- Develop, maintain and track short and multi-year opportunities in-line with OPM Australia’s strategy and pipeline targets;
Training and Technical Leadership – 10%
- Engage in OPM technical network learning events, with a proactive approach to on- and off-job personal and career development by working on projects in other OPM portfolio areas and keeping abreast of latest developments within the Portfolio
We would love to hear from you if you have the following experience:
- Minimum of 2 years MEL work experience ,;
- Degree or post-graduate qualification in monitoring and evaluation;
- A solid grounding in the subject matter with associated relevant work experience;
- Knowledge and understanding of MEL programme frameworks;
- Ability to communicate effectively with colleagues and clients, both verbally and in writing;
- Exceptional research, writing and oral communication skills, with high levels of attentiveness to diverse audiences;
- Proven ability to multi task and prioritise, to meet deadlines;
- Willingness to focus future work opportunities on the Pacific and South-East Asia, including Papua New Guinea;
- Willingness to work across different time zones and to be based in Canberra
We look forward to hearing from you.
About the Organization
Oxford Policy Management is committed to helping low- and middle-income countries achieve growth and reduce poverty and disadvantage through public policy reform.
We seek to bring about lasting positive change using analytical and practical policy expertise. Through our global network of offices, we work in partnership with national decision makers to research, design, implement, and evaluate impactful public policy.
We work in all areas of social and economic policy and governance, including health, finance, education, climate change, and public sector management. We draw on our local and international sector experts to provide the very best evidence-based support.