Developing MEL System
* Lead development and delivery of a Country MEL strategy incorporating an efficient and effective system and operational plans
* Develop effective methods and tools to be applied across projects and programmes for evidence-based data collection, analysis and reporting
* Design and manage a bottom-up, evidence-based reporting pyramid that synchronises data management at projects, programmes and country levels.
* Lead training of staff, volunteers and partners on VSO’s MEL strategy, methods and tools
* Continuously update and upgrade VSO’s MEL strategy based on changes in internal and external contexts and in close collaboration with relevant colleagues.
Data Integrity Management
* Support project teams to develop and implement quality MEL plans
* Design methods that ensure data integrity at activity, output and outcome levels
* Carry out regular field visits for spot checks of MEL processes in projects and support risk mitigation measures
* Prepare and share quarterly progress reports demonstrating quality and risk management in project MEL plans
Reviews & Evaluations
* Develop a country level reviews and evaluation plan informed by all active projects and ensure delivery of the plan in collaboration with relevant colleagues, partners and donors.
* Lead baselines, midterm and end term project evaluations across VSOU’s core programmes.
* Lead development of evaluation TORs, contract awarding and management to ensure timely evaluation results.
Learning & knowledge sharing
* Work in close collaboration with the HoP and Programme Managers to develop a strong learning culture through project evidences
* Lead documentation of key learnings, good practices and evidence-based case studies from projects and programmes
* Work in close collaboration with programmes team for effective dissemination of programme outcomes and lessons learnt
* Apply VSO’s People First Principles to manage performance of direct reports
* Manage effectively need and expectations on direct reports’ learning & development
* Inspire MEL and programmes teams to improve quality programme development and delivery in VSO Uganda programme.
* Take timely disciplinary actions to manage staff
Programme Development and Delivery
* Support the programmes team in design and development of quality programmes and proposals through clear, innovative and impact-oriented MEL Plans
* Support programme teams in project start-ups, monitoring and closure from a MEL perspective
* Work closely with VSOU team in the development of quality logframes/results frameworks and theories of Change
* Assist in preparations for donor monitoring visits and external engagements
* Support the compilation of internal and external reports
About the Organization
VSO is the world's leading development organisation that works through volunteers to fight poverty. We are unique in the way we bring people together to share their skills and experience, generate insights and ideas and, most of all, take action against poverty and exclusion. It's a highly effective approach that works, and today is helping millions of people in some of the world's poorest communities lift themselves out of poverty.