Resonance is seeking a Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Manager to provide technical expertise in monitoring, evaluation, and learning across our practice areas. S/he will create and implement MEL strategies both during proposal develpment and project implementation, and will be responsible for ensuring that MEL project deliverables are on-time and of high quality. In addition, s/he will manage MEL consultants on an as-needed basis and will manage workflows and deliverables. This will be a full-time position based in Washington, DC, or Burlington, VT, reporting to the Director of Resonance’s Secure Communities practice.
The MEL Manager will be responsible for leading monitoring, evaluation, learning, as well as other activities for Resonance’s projects. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
MEL for programs:
• Manage a rigorous approach to MEL to measure performance toward specific program goals and objectives, including quantitative, qualitative, and participatory methodologies
• Design data collection instruments, schedules, analysis methods, and applied technologies for adult training and ensure MEL for adult professional learners
• Oversee the implementation of baseline studies, including review of tools, survey methodology, and data quality and analysis
• Develop mechanisms to establish feedback loops to ensure that knowledge products inform and contribute to the achievement of objectives
• Handle the day-today tracking and reporting on activities under specific projects
• Ensure reporting requirements per USAID obligations under the Government Performance and Results Act
• Monitor and analyze analytics of website traffic for specific projects
• Lead the design, development, and implementation of MEL plans, indicators, and learning agendas, including developing relevant indicators across technical practices
• Develop sector-specific learning frameworks
• Develop MEL protocol for adaptive management of training content
• Assess training impact and report on training indicators
• Provide support to business and proposal development through the development and review of results frameworks, theories of change, and MEL plans
• Bachelor’s degree required (master’s degree preferred) in international development, economics, or another relevant field
• At least 7 years of progressively responsible relevant experience in data management and analysis for MEL, preferably in an international development context
• Experience in the development and maintenance of MEL systems and plans, including indicator development, data collection and analysis, data validation, and performance reporting
• Working knowledge of and experience with USAID MEL; Collaborating, Learning and Adaptating (CLA); and other related practices
• Demonstrated leadership skills, ability to work collaboratively and independently, and ability to manage multiple priorities and deadlines
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Eligibility to work in US
• Secret clearance a plus
How to Apply:
Qualified candidates should submit a cover letter, resume and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “MEL Manager” in the email subject line, and save documents (cover letter, resume, and references) in one PDF as ‘Last Name_First Name.pdf’. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. No phone calls please. Resonance is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About the Organization
Resonance is an award-winning frontier market solutions firm based in Burlington, Vermont that helps a variety of donor, commercial and investor clients around the world to catalyze lasting impact. We envision a prosperous and just world of thriving markets, healthy ecosystems, and vibrant communities where business, governments and citizens work together creating a better world for all.
Resonance seeks to catalyze large-scale social, environmental, and economic change by fostering new and dynamic forms of collaboration. We do this by fostering public-private partnerships, facilitating sustainable investment, and providing deep analytical insights in frontier markets. We strive to merge strategic insight with practical on-the-ground knowledge into an integrated approach that emphasizes results.
We seek candidates who are ready to apply their analytical and problem-solving skills to some of our planet’s greatest challenges in an entrepreneurial, fun, and fast-paced environment. We are looking for passionate and committed people who can work in a highly collaborative environment to deliver results for our clients and stakeholders around the world.