Monitoring, Evaluation, & Learning (MEL) Officer,
MSI, a Tetra Tech Company, is a Washington, DC metro area international development firm with a 35-year history of delivering development results across the world. Our core expertise is in the fields of monitoring and evaluation (M&E), institutional development, public sector management, governance and anti-corruption. MSI has implemented projects in 90 countries around the world such as Jordan, Kenya, Indonesia, Syria, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Ukraine, Colombia and Mexico. As one of the leading companies in our field, MSI has partnered with organizations across all sectors of international development to support clients ranging from large bilateral and multilateral donors such as USAID, the World Bank and the UNDP to national and local governments, NGOs, think tanks, foundations and universities. For more information on MSI, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.
The four-year USAID-funded Harmoni activity will promote tolerance and inclusion and reduce the risk of violent extremism. Harmoni will focus support on interventions that are narrowly targeted towards communities and individuals most at risk of radicalization, with a mandate to build the resilience of key Indonesian institutions – governmental, civil society, religious, and community-based – that represent the frontline in preventing violent extremism in Indonesia.
**This is a full-time, long-term position based in the Harmoni headquarters (HQ) in Jakarta.**
**Please note: Only Indonesian nationals are eligible for this position**
**The deadline for applications is July 10, 2018.**
The MEL officer will be responsible for supporting the design and implementation of all aspects of the Harmoni MEL plan. Under the supervision of the MEL manager, s/he will work with the manager to collaborate with all Harmoni program and operational team members to ensure the effective and efficient execution of program monitoring, evaluation, and learning interventions.
- Help support and oversee implementation and data collection related to the Harmoni MEL plan, working with all relevant team members and project partners.
- Help ensure that project staff and grantees have a clear understanding of the Results Framework, including definitions, and of all aspects of the MEL plan.
- Help maintain and revise the MEL plan and performance indicators.
- Support and/or deliver training to project staff on the MEL and context monitoring, and how to collect the needed data from the partners.
- Help collect and report quarterly M&E data to technical staff and to the chief of party and MSI technical director for quarterly reporting; help draft and produce all quarterly and annual progress reports.
- Build strong working relationships with the USAID Mission and project partners.
- Conduct data verification and quality control exercises.
- Help manage the repository of tools, guidelines, and references for MEL.
- Work with grantees and the Harmoni grants team to ensure that grantee and subcontract performance management plans (PMPs) are in line with Harmoni’s overall MEL plan and contribute the necessary data.
- Support the project’s communications efforts, including the production of success stories, infographics, and other materials.
- Perform other tasks assigned by the MEL manager or senior management team.
- Bachelor’s degree plus a minimum of five (5) years of relevant work experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge of USAID M&E indicators, approaches, and requirements, with at least three (3) years of experience working with M&E systems for international donor programs, preferably USAID.
- Experience developing and implementing MEL or M&E plans, monitoring instruments, baseline data collection, and M&E storage systems.
- Expertise and professional experience with surveys, data management and analysis, and/or statistical software programs preferred.
- Strong analytical skills, with a demonstrated ability to tackle complex issues.
- Experience working with M&E database systems.
- Excellent communication and written skills; fluent in spoken and written English.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to work on own initiative with little direction, meet tight deadlines, and prioritize among multiple tasks.
- Strong familiarity with MS Office applications.
- Experience with project communications, including success stories and progress reports, preferred.
- Strong interpersonal skills and an ability to work as part of a team.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.