FHI 360 is currently recruiting for the position of ME&L Specialist for a USAID/Kyrgyz Republic civic organizing program. This proposed five-year project will enable horizontal and vertical networks of individuals and organizations to advocate for and bring about change across issues that resonate with local communities and increase government responsiveness and accountability in the Kyrgyz Republic.
Essential Job Functions:
- Refine the design of the program M&E system, clearly identifying the users and the utility of the data/information;
- Refine M&E indicators and adapt M&E tools to meet program needs, which may include pre- and post- tests, focus group interview protocols, community survey tools, and baseline, mid-term, and end-line survey instruments;
- Manage and safeguard data collection, train program staff, and supervise M&E activities of staff and sub-contractors;
- Liaise with the USAID Mission on the design of M&E tools and on modifications to M&E system;
- Analyze all data collected and advise program management on needed program revisions; and
- Contribute to written performance reports for funder and other program deliverables.
- Work with grantees to ensure accurate information flow including guidance/support on grantee data collection, measurement and reporting.
- Bachelor’s degree or its international equivalent in social science, management, international development, monitoring and evaluation, or a related field; Master’s degree or its international equivalent preferred;
- Minimum of five (5) years of related work experience; three (3) years in Kyrgyz Republic/Central Asia preferred;
- Experience managing and executing monitoring and evaluation activities for donor-funded programs, including experience monitoring and evaluating policy reform and/or capacity development activities;
- Demonstrated abilities in qualitative and quantitative M&E methodologies appropriate to complex change processes and capacity development, and in knowledge management and organizational learning;
- Experience coordinating with governments, ministries and/or local NGOs, as well as local communities, for design and implementation of surveys and other data collection techniques, including those that address capacity weaknesses, preferred;
- Proven interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to lead multidisciplinary teams;
- Fluent Russian and Kyrgyz and strong English language communication skills (written and verbal) are required
- Ability to effectively use statistical analysis software such as STATA and SPSS.
- This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
Availability of position is contingent upon award to FHI 360. Selection of final applicant is subject to USAID approval.
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.
Please click here to continue searching FHI 360’s Career Portal.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. FHI 360 is an equal employment and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable law.
About the Organization
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in Health, Education, Nutrition, Environment, Economic Development, Civil Society, Gender, Youth, Research and Technology– creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today's interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 60 countries, all 50 U.S. states and all U.S. territories.