Global Communities is seeking a Monitoring and Evaluation Manager to join its Program Impact & Learning team at the Headquarters in downtown Silver Spring, Maryland The Monitoring & Evaluation Manager is responsible for providing leadership, technical expertise, guidance, and support for the organization’s monitoring and evaluation function and learning systems and culture across key Global Communities technical areas.
* Builds, oversees and manages the Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) function at Global Communities. Responsible for supervising Monitoring and Evaluation staff, conducting analytical reviews of indicator data quality, reports and evaluations, and supporting proposal development.
* Leads research and or/other studies to generate evidence on interventions, especially in technical priority areas. Ensures all research activities meet the highest technical standards and increase the generation and use of evidence to inform implementation and new business development.
* Through policies, guidelines, tools, mentoring and training, further develops the capacity of the M&E staff as well as the organization, HQ as well as field staff, in monitoring and evaluation, and other relevant topics.
* Leads the development and implementation of quality monitoring systems; project-specific monitoring methodologies, processes and tools; data collection and verification processes; and effective reporting-particularly during project start-up.
Works closely with Global Communities’ Knowledge Management and Learning Specialists to capture and share M&E data and project learning for the goal of intentional learning and application for better programmatic impact:
* Captures lessons learned and best practices across the organization and a methodology for sharing across departments and country teams, in both HQ and the field, as well as for incorporating into the proposal development process.
* Establishes, maintains and supports processes and protocols to ensure that programmatic learning efforts across the organization are effective and align with best practices, including requirements for Collaborating, Learning and Adapting frameworks and processes.
* Coordinates with and supports technical units to implement effective learning agendas, and to define and refine best practices among Global Communities’ core capacities.
* Partners effectively with relevant staff to ensure approaches are successfully integrated with Global Communities’ overarching learning framework and knowledge sharing is optimized across the organization.
* Designs, implements and builds the capacity of national and sub-national actors to utilize data to improve planning.
Facilitates and supports professional development of staff in the field and at HQ through:
* Development of mechanisms for technical knowledge exchange;
* Design and conduct training and mentoring for staff on core learning approaches, methods, and processes; and,
* Guidance on knowledge sharing across programs and with external partners.
Provides timely and thorough technical assistance in assessments, program design, and field operations.
Responds to requests from the field for tools, methods, resources and best practices through an IO-specific strategy for developing technical capacity.
Coordinates public relations/marketing efforts. Develops and edits marketing materials. Presents Global Communities’ work and program capabilities at conferences and workshops.
* Manages assigned operation(s), activities, and staff.
* Plans and organizes the flow of work; supervises, trains, and advises staff and interns
* Ensures adherence to Standards of Conduct, the Employee Handbook, and other applicable policies and procedures.
* Recommends and implements operational policies, procedures, and schedules within limits of authority.
* Prepares the M&E team’s budget and monitors operations throughout the year to ensure budgetary goals are achieved.
* Master’s degree in a Social Science, Statistics, Evaluation and Measurement, Information Science, or other related discipline.
* Minimum of 5-8 years of applicable M&E technical experience with international offices, with at least two years in an organization-wide M&E management role.
* Proven experience leading M&E efforts and teams in international development field, with experience writing and evaluating proposals for development programs highly preferred.
* Must have U.S. Work authorization.
Global Communities is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. EOE/AA - Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individual with Disabilities.