The M&E Manager is part of a high-caliber program management office (PMO) that supports the Hubs to deliver a program of outstanding quality in a consistent way within the time framework as per the contract with our client. Specifically:
- Planning to enable the facilitation of input from the project staff at TNS and other stakeholders involved in the Program
- Development and implementation of the Monitoring and Evaluation Standards and Framework
- Development and implementation of data collection tools
- Monitoring of all project activities, outputs, and progress towards anticipated results
- Working with data platforms, databases and select technologies to capture and organize data
- Training of field and other staff in the Monitoring and Evaluation processes (particularly hub administrators)
- Conducting or providing support to data quality assessment
To provide the context, the following positions reside in or provide a service to the PMO:
- Program Director
- Deputy Director
- PMO Assistant
- SEYD Implementation Manager
- M&E Manager
- Finance Manager (Shared service)
- HR Manager (Shared service)
Key responsibilities will include:
· Providing expertise in M&E planning and methodology for the program on an annual basis to ensure consideration of strategic, operational and project measures
· Participating in and providing support to the project design activities, including development of the project framework (Results framework, Templates, Log framework)
· Develop and implement a M&E plan
· Determine performance and impact indicators for the project
· Provide support with the proposal development for M&E components
· Liaise with client to ensure alignment in terms of reporting requirements
Analysis & Reporting
· Determine the data analysis procedures and use of quantitative and qualitative tools
· Ensure data quality (cleaning, sorting, categorizing and organizing data) is maintained in accordance with the master data standards to maintain accurate reporting
· Analyze quantitative and qualitative data
· Summarize findings
· Develop monthly, quarterly and annual reports as per the M&E plan / project requirements
· Disseminate evaluation findings and project results to client and other key stakeholders
Evaluation and/or Special Studies
· Conduct program analysis or special studies with the internal M&E team and/or with an external provider based on the requirements of the project. This may include final or impact assessments.
· Lead and support the evaluation team
· Develop scope of work, appoint and manage external evaluation consultants based on the agreed scope of work for the evaluation, should this be required
· Contribute to institutional learning processes
· Convene communities of practice and other learning practices for the program
· Track best practices in M&E
· Develop and implement all required business processes, tools, platforms to enable effective and efficient execution of the M&E requirements
· Ensure the development and maintenance of a beneficiary management system to track budgets, activity and impact over time in order to determine the effectiveness of the program.
About the Organization
TechnoServe is a leader in harnessing the power of the private sector to help people lift themselves out of poverty. A nonprofit organization operating in 29 countries, we work with enterprising men and women in the developing world to build competitive farms, businesses and industries. By linking people to information, capital and markets, we have helped millions to create lasting prosperity for their families and communities.
Founded over 50 years ago, TechnoServe has been named the #1 nonprofit for fighting poverty by the ImpactMatters charity ratings agency.
We encourage all qualified individuals who share TechnoServe's vision of improving the lives of others through proven business solutions to apply.
With our commitment to diversity, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and affirmative action employer and do not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, color, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, HIV/AIDS status, protected veteran status, disability and all other protected classes.