Monitoring & Evaluation Manager,
USAID Senegal Monitoring & Evaluation Project,
MSI, a Tetra Tech Company, is a Washington, DC metro area international development firm with a 35-year history of delivering development results across the world. Our core expertise is in the fields of monitoring and evaluation (M&E), institutional development, public sector management, governance and anti-corruption. MSI has implemented projects in 90 countries around the world such as Jordan, Kenya, Indonesia, Syria, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Ukraine, Colombia, and Mexico. As one of the leading companies in our field, MSI has partnered with organizations across all sectors of international development to support clients ranging from large bilateral and multilateral donors such as USAID, the World Bank and the UNDP to national and local governments, NGOs, think tanks, foundations and universities. For more information on MSI, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com
The three (3)-year USAID Senegal Monitoring & Evaluation Project (MEP Senegal) provides USAID/Senegal with performance measurement and management support activities, including, but not limited to, monitoring and evaluation design, program evaluation design and implementation, impact evaluation design and implementation, sectoral assessments, surveys, activity/project design, target setting, and statement of work (SOW) development for evaluation activities. This contract seeks to improve performance management at all levels to help the mission meet agency requirements, make better informed strategic and management decisions, and advance agency learning.
The M&E manager will report to the deputy chief of party (DCOP) and will be the manager of tasks received for the project. As task manager, the M&E manager will be the first line of interface with the mission point of contact on the task. S/he will oversee the processes corresponding to the entire task, from development of the scope of work (SOW) to finalization of the report. The M&E manager will also oversee the development of all MEP products and ensure that tasks are carried out according to USAID MEP standards. The position will require front-line communication with the points of contact at USAID and with the team leaders of each task to ensure that work and deliverables are completed based on the agreed upon timeline. The M&E manager will work closely with the evaluation and research teams to manage the development of the workplan, field itinerary and data collection tools. S/he will participate in fieldwork with the teams, conducting interviews and providing oversight of enumerators’ use of research instruments. The M&E manager will also conduct analysis and support the development of presentations and draft reports.
- Ensure timely delivery of all task products.
- Ensure consistent and clear communication with the USAID points of contact.
- Ensure that USAID MEP quality standards, planning and analysis tools and guidelines are followed on all tasks.
- Guide all evaluation and research teams in preparing initial work, as well as with getting to answers with secondary data table as part of the desk research.
- Guide teams in the creation of evaluation and research tools.
- Conduct interviews and surveys as needed.
- Provide quality control and oversight in the field for data collection process.
- Guide evaluation/research teams in preparing presentations and reports.
- Lead the development of field calendars in terms of securing appointments and managing logistics in the field.
- Perform other duties as necessary to support analytical and management support activities.
- Degree in statistics, demography, social sciences, or a related area.
- At least two (2) years of experience managing evaluation and research studies for USAID.
- Experience working with PowerPoint and data visualization;
- At least five (5) years of experience conducting field work/data collection in Senegal.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills and experience working with other organizations to support their M&E needs.
- Ability to work well in managing multi-cultural teams of international and Senegalese, Nigerien and Burkinabe evaluators.
- English and French language fluency and some knowledge of other local language(s).
- Ability to travel as necessary throughout Senegal, Niger and Burkina Faso.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.