Ensure that Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) systems are consistently integrated and implemented throughout Medair’s programme activities. This involves: creating, developing, and supporting programme teams to use M&E systems to collect, aggregate and analyse data; integrating beneficiary accountability plans and activities into Medair’s programmes; and playing a key role in ensuring that the reporting needs of key stakeholders (both internal and external) are met.
In response to the ongoing crisis in Iraq, Medair’s programme is delivering emergency assistance to Iraqi IDPs, returnees and host communities in Dohuk, Ninewa, Kirkuk and Salah-al-Din. Projects include Emergency Health Response, Shelter and NFI Assistance, Multi-Purpose Cash Assistance and WASH. The Iraq programme operates within the Medair Middle East programme, collaboration, coordination and shared learning of projects is expected within the region.
Field based position in Erbil, Irak. Take a look at Medair’s work in Iraq.
Starting Date / Initial Contract Details
As soon as possible. Full time, minimum 12 months
Key Activity Areas
Monitoring & Evaluation
- Implement M&E plan of health, WASH, shelter, and cash projects.
- Advise and support PMs, with input from field and HQ advisors, on choice of indicators and development of monitoring plans for all project elements.
- Design and implement, qualitative and quantitative data collection such as needs assessments, KPC surveys using recognized methods of data collection, project evaluations.Develop and standardize survey tools and other data collection forms for monitoring program elements.
- Coordinate assessments, including training enumerators.
- Analyze M&E and assessment data using QLIK dashboards developed.
Supervision and Management (incl. Cover, Partner Management)
- Lead the development and improvement of a beneficiary accountability plan.
- Promote the principles and practices of beneficiary accountability to colleagues, providing training and coaching in beneficiary feedback and other good practices as required.
- Act as focus point for HAP-I for the country programme, promoting its principles and advising on actions among all managers.
- Train and coach relevant program, partner, and field staff on M&E tools, data collection and analysis and basic surveying and sampling techniques.
Health Management Information System
- Design and create relevant data collection tools for Health Information in PHC, Community Health programmes with input from field and HQ health advisors.
- Create/finalise routine HMIS database to automatically fill programme indicator sheets and DoH reporting formats.
- With Information Management team, design and maintain dashboards to review incoming field data in consultation with health and nutrition PM & field health advisor roll out a HMIS system in supported health facilities.
Water quality monitoring information system and WASH FIT application
- Design and create relevant data collection tools for water quality information.
- Provide training and ongoing trouble-shooting for use of WASH FIT mobile app.
- Design and maintain dashboards to review incoming field data.
- Produce visualisation of data with appropriate mapping.
Quality Management (incl. Beneficiary Accountability)
- Ensure M&E data gathering and analysis are done according to appropriate standards.
- Support sector teams to regularly analyse routine programme data, and integrating lessons learned into the project activities on an ongoing basis.
- Promote technology to improve aid delivery.
- Ensure opportunities for beneficiary accountability are incorporated into project activities.
Team Spiritual Life
- Reflect the values of Medair with team members, local staff, beneficiaries, and external contacts.
- Work, live, and pray together in our Christian faith-based team settings. Fully contribute to the rich spiritual life of your team, including team devotions, prayers, and words of encouragement.
- Encouraged to join and contribute to Medair’s international programmes and HQ prayer network.
This job description covers the main tasks that are anticipated. Other tasks may be assigned as necessary.
- Degree or diploma in the field of Science, or Public Health degree
- Strong working knowledge of English (spoken and written).
Experience / Competencies
- 2 years of management experience including report writing.
- Experience in assessment and survey design and implementation. Experience in health data analysis.
- Demonstrated training and experience in monitoring and evaluation of humanitarian programmes using qualitative and quantitative data collection methods.
- Able to establish and maintain systems to measure / compile / analyse data for project management.
- Able to handle multiple tasks and to prioritise clearly. Initiative taker, able to plan and organise.
- Creative, open-minded, flexible, self-learner.
- This is a field-based position and working and living conditions may be very different to that previously experienced.
Before you apply, please ensure you are fully aware of the:
- Medair organisational values.
- Profiles sought for Internationally Recruited Staff (IRS).
- Medair Relief & Recovery Orientation Course (ROC) (which forms part of the recruitment selection process for field positions).
- Benefits Package provided for Internationally Recruited Staff (IRS).
Then to apply, go to the “Current Vacancies” page, then:
apply for this vacancy (or another position that matches your profile), or
apply for a Medair ROC (where we can try and match your competencies to our vacancy needs)
Please do not make multiple applications. We will not review email applications. Only English-language applications / CVs will be reviewed. Medair does not set closing / deadline dates for applications; recruitment is on-going until the position is filled.
About the Organization
Medair is a humanitarian organisation inspired by Christian faith to relieve human suffering in some of the world’s most remote and devastated places. We bring relief and recovery to people in crisis, regardless of race, creed or nationality. As signatories of the Red Cross Code of Conduct, we believe that aid should be given to everyone who is in need, regardless of political, social or religious viewpoint. We save lives in emergencies and then stay to help people recover from crisis with dignity—working side by side with communities to leave a lasting impact. We provide a range of emergency relief and recovery services: health care and nutrition; safe water, sanitation, and hygiene; shelter and infrastructure.