The program now seeks applications for a Monitoring, Reporting and Evaluation Specialist to undertake a two year, full time position based in Port Moresby. The position will work closely with agencies to strengthen understanding, processes and systems on collecting business and corporate data and information for use in business decision making and reporting on performance. It will also require a hands-on approach to mentoring agencies to deliver annual and periodic performance reports as required by the Government of Papua New Guinea (GoPNG) public service procedures.
- Work with GoPNG agency management to develop an understanding of the importance of collecting and using available business information, including how/why it is generated, how it flows and who uses it;
- Support management to gradually develop an ‘information demand’ culture;
- Assist agency management develop their business information and reporting requirements as business processes develop and change;
- Work with agencies to collect, analyse and report key business and monitoring information for their Annual Reports and other legislated requirements;
- Work with agencies to enable them to develop business information systems which allow them to report regularly against their Corporate and Annual Plans to their boards and/or ministers;
- Work with the Organisational Performance Specialist to assist agencies to report against the NTS and agency-specific medium-term frameworks;
- Assist agencies define requirements of the types of data and reports needed by management;
- Assist with the coordination, generation, collation, and distribution of data by the agencies to management; and
- Provide training on analysis and interpretation of business information and data.
Specific Skill Requirements
- Tertiary qualifications in a related field, e.g., social development, information management, business administration, M&E disciplines;
- Demonstrated experience in information management, performance reporting and the assessment of organisational performance;
- Demonstrated experience of mentoring senior management and/or executive staff in the areas of business information and reporting;
- Relevant experience in a developing country context and demonstrated capacity to respect and appreciate cross cultural communication and experience and knowledge in adult education and participatory training; and
- Work experience and demonstrated understanding of the principles of monitoring and evaluation.
Ideally you will have had exposure to the Australian Government’s aid program and a track record of experience collaborating with program partners and stakeholders in a highly political environment. Experience living and working in the Pacific would be highly desirable and all candidates must adhere to GHD’s Child Protection Policy, Integrity Management Policy, Code of Conduct and other key policies. To express your interest please submit your CV and cover letter addressing the selection criteria by clicking the Apply Now button. Closing Date Friday 13 July 2018.
About the Organization
The Company & Program
Privately owned by our people, GHD is one of the world’s leading engineering professional services companies. Our global network of over 9000 people operates in the water, energy and resources, property and buildings, environment, and transportation markets. GHD's International Development Assistance (IDA) Team delivers project management and technical services for the world's largest development organisations to improve the lives of people in developing countries. The Papua New Guinea - Australia Transport Sector Support Program (TSSP) continues the Australian Government's long term commitment to the PNG transport infrastructure sector. The shared long term goal of TSSP is a safer, more reliable transport system in place enabling economic and social development in PNG.