The M&E Manager will report to the Deputy Chief of Party and M&E experts from Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, to ensure relevant, timely, and accurate M&E data collection and analysis. The Specialist will maintain a database of indicator data from Project managers and partners and enter the required data online in the FTFMS data management system. He/she will assist in developing and implementing an M&E system for tracking progress in achieving project-level indicators (outcome and outputs) for the project.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
1. Annual Report Coordination
- Collecting, reporting, and analyzing data required for quarterly, semi-annual and annual reporting of project achievement and impact.
- Conducting periodic follow up activities to assess progress against the baseline.
- Based on analyses of trends, suggesting project activity modifications and interventions.
- In coordination with project or activity staff, informing implementing partners of data requirements for the annual report and, as necessary, providing assistance to design, modify, and/or refine data collection systems.
2. Evaluation Coordination
- Coordinating all evaluating activities of the project, including establishing an appropriate baseline, gathering evaluation data on an on-going basis, and assisting project staff in drafting the Statement of Work for analyzing reports and in identifying implications for project management.
- Developing, improving, and supervising computerized data base of specific impact indicators from clients and partners served by the project activities.
- Assisting project/activity staff members to ensure complete and timely submission of data on clients served.
- Designing standardized reports from the database program for management to be used for the semi-annual or annual Intermediate Results reports. Examples of data needed for reports are the percentage of female participants in training, number of new technologies and management practices under research in the current reporting year, etc.
- Producing ad hoc reports as requested by the Chief of Party or in response to USAID/Egypt
- Coordinating with team members in data collection for quarterly and annual Intermediate Results Implementation Reporting.
- Coordinating preparation of success stories of clients served through current initiatives and of the impact on clients.
- A Master’s degree from an accredited, recognized university in a relevant field;
- A minimum of seven years of monitoring and evaluation experience using large donor systems and templates. Three of the seven years working experience in higher education programs; and • Strong M&E skills, data analysis and report writing skills.
- Must have substantial computer skills and a thorough knowledge of methods of empirical data collection, knowledge of experimental design with treatment and control groups, and analysis and reporting on program monitoring and impact evaluation. Must be willing to learn relevant USAID procedures and regulations.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to establish effective working relations with senior government personnel, private sector management, U.S Government organizations and donor agencies.
- Excellent oral communications skills to effectively present information and respond to questions and ability to solve problems as they arise. Must be able to communicate technical subjects to clients with non-technical backgrounds.
- Ability to work both independently and as a member of a team. Must be able to work in a multidisciplinary team and in an environment in which there are team members with varying backgrounds and skill levels.
- Ability to multi-task, work under tight deadlines and effectively manage team members to deliver required documentation in a timely manner.
- Exceptional writing skills for writing and editing reports required.
- Experience establishing an M&E system, including developing data collection forms, indicator reference sheets, and performance monitoring plans would be an added advantage.
- Substantial knowledge of the Egyptian energy sector would be an advantage.
- Egyptian Nationals are strongly encouraged to apply.
How to Apply
To apply, please specify the title of the position to which you are applying and send a cover letter, current resume, three professional references and salary history by email to: CIRED.Jobs@gmail.com. Applications will be reviewed beginning on 8 July 2018. Applicants are strongly encouraged to apply before 7/8/2018, but the position will remain open until filled. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Recruitment contingent upon successful award of the project.
Virginia Tech is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and protected veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Anyone having questions concerning discrimination or accessibility should contact the Virginia Tech Office for Equity and Accessibility.
About the Organization
Virginia Tech is seeking applications for a Chief of Party for an anticipated USAID funded project to establish a Centers of Excellence in Energy in Egypt. The purpose of the project is to strengthen the capacity of Egyptian public universities to respond to changing public and private sector needs for applied research and skilled graduates in energy.