Emergency Recruitment Process for M & E Specialist (Retainer, Home-Based)
Purpose and Scope of Assignment
Reporting to the Senior Project Manager, the M&E Specialist will assist the Project Implementation Unit (PIU) of the MoF in the monitoring and evaluation aspects of project delivery including reporting. This involves support to the PIU in designing, managing and implementation of the M&E system as well as its continuous development and refinement to respond to the Project needs. S/he will perform the following duties and responsibilities to support the PIU in the successful implementation of SCRP:
- The M & E Specialist (Retainer) will assist the PIU as required basis to develop and update the SCRP M&E strategy and the operational Results Framework in consultation with the World Bank and working closely with the Project Implementing Partners;
- Update the M&E Plan current version (M&E Plan_version 1) and prepare a second version (M&E Plan_version 2), continue on-going updates as needed;
- Assist in the preparation and implementation of the monitoring protocol while a digital data collection system is developed and tested;
- When and as requested by the PIU, M&E Specialist (Retainer) be available to provide technical support to the M&E activities of the SCRP such as establishing the plan, guides, tools, system, methodologies, protocols, and indicators, etc. ;
- Assist the PIU in managing the data collection and analysis processes, results review, adjustments to the operational framework, and in the development of information management tools;
- M&E Specialist (Retainer) assist the PIU when / as required basis to monitor progress in the implementation and results of the projects against the strategic objectives and results indicators as well as promote and support quality assurance of all interventions monitoring process;
- Conducts qualitative and quantitative data analysis and review information from specific evaluations, contributing towards the situation analysis, and progress, constraints and gaps assessments, and evaluation of the programme performance;
- In consultation with the PIU, creates and adjusts reporting templates, reviews the periodic technical reports from implementing partners, and ensures they are submitted in a timely manner. Provides appropriate comments, and prepares consolidated high-quality analytical and visualized reports for the overall project reporting;
- Assist PIU in periodic progress reviews and evaluations, developing quarterly progress reports, M&E-related documents and correspondences, and interactions with the Community of Practice - M&E;
- Assist the PIU for the strengthening of the M&E systems through appropriate actions such as improvements to the M&E related documents and templates, facilitating operational enhancements, training of the implementing partners, etc.;
- Provides the required information and support to the third-party monitoring by the Independent Verification Agent appointed by the Government;
- Identify new opportunities for M&E improvements, develop plans and initiate actions with the approval of the Senior Project Manager.
Impact of results
The effective and successful performance of the Monitoring & Evaluation Specialist (Retainer) in the areas of programme monitoring and evaluation will contribute considerably to the strengthening of existing and future programming and consequently reinforces the visibility and image of the UNOPS as an effective service provider in project services and management and strengthens its competitive position as a partner of choice for sustainable development and project services.
Qualifications and Experience
- Master’s Degree in Social Sciences, Monitoring and Evaluation, Economics, International Relations, Organisational Development, Management, or Public Administration or other relevant discipline is required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Sciences, Monitoring and Evaluation, Economics, International Relations, Organisational Development, Management, or Public Administration or other relevant disciplines with a combination of two (2) additional years of relevant professional experience may be accepted in lieu of the advance university degree.
2. Work Experience
- A minimum of five (5) years’ work experience in reporting and M&E focused roles is required
- M & E experience in World Bank-funded projects is desirable.
- Exposure to programming aspects of Crisis Recovery assistance in post-conflict countries is desirable
- Experience/knowledge of Google Suite products, especially google forms, sheets, docs, and slides is an asset.
3. Language Requirements:
- Fluency in written and spoken English Language is required.
1) Female qualified candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
2) Work-life harmonization: UNOPS values its people and recognizes the importance of balancing professional and personal demands.
3) We have a progressive policy on Work-life harmonization and offer several flexible working options. This policy applies to UNOPS personnel on all contract types.
4) Duty Station for the Position: Home-Based
About the Organization
UNOPS is an operational arm of the United Nations, supporting the successful implementation of its partners’ peacebuilding, humanitarian, and development projects around the world. Our mission is to help people build better lives and countries achieve sustainable development.
UNOPS areas of expertise cover infrastructure, procurement, project management, financial management, and human resources.
Working with us
UNOPS offers short- and long-term work opportunities in diverse and challenging environments across the globe. We are looking for creative, results-focused professionals with skills in a range of disciplines.
With over 4,000 UNOPS personnel and approximately 7,000 personnel recruited on behalf of UNOPS partners spread across 80 countries, our workforce represents a wide range of nationalities and cultures. We promote a balanced, diverse workforce — a strength that helps us better understand and address our partners’ needs, and continually strive to improve our gender balance through initiatives and policies that encourage recruitment of qualified female candidates.
UNOPS values its people and recognizes the importance of balancing professional and personal demands.