Monitoring & Evaluation Team Leader for the ‘Technical Assistance to Support the Monitoring of Actions Financed under the Facility for Refugees in Turkey’
Ecorys are delighted to announce a new opening for an exciting role as Team Leader of a large-scale project to provide Technical Assistance to Support the Monitoring of Actions Financed by the EU Facility for Refugees in Turkey (SUMAF). SUMAF is providing Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) services to this large and complex portfolio of European Commission (EC) support to refugees and host communities in Turkey. A consortium led by Ecorys has been implementing SUMAF since early 2018 and it is scheduled to continue until mid-2021.
The EC established the Facility with the overall objective “to enhance efficiency, coordination and complementarity of the EU support provided to the refugees and host communities in Turkey and to ensure accountability on the use of resources.” As of end December 2017, 72 projects have been contracted worth €3 billion. By June 2018, €1.94 billion of this had been disbursed.
The purpose of SUMAF is: “to ensure tracking and measuring the results of interventions financed in the priority areas of the Facility, and the impact of the Facility as a whole through the operationalisation of a results-based monitoring system for the Facility”. There are three main Result Areas:
- Result Area 1: Facility/Result Framework Indicators are tested and reviewed to ensure quality reporting on the achievements of the Facility against its priority areas and overarching objectives
- Result Area 2: A result-based monitoring system at action/contract level is operationalized to ensure effective monitoring and quality reporting on implementation of the Facility-funded contracts
- Result Area 3: Capacity of implementing partners on results-based monitoring of EU-funded actions is increased
The Team Leader Role:
The Team Leader (TL) role involves overseeing the following:
- Design, piloting and roll-out of monitoring tools and approaches;
- Delivery of SUMAF’s work plan;
- In-country project management, including leading the Technical Assistance Team;
- Coordination, oversight and quality assurance of all project outputs;
- Day-to-day liaison with the EU Delegation (Ankara) and Facility Secretariat (Brussels) as well as other stakeholders (such as Facility Implementing Partners).
The role will be on a full-time basis (c. 220 working days per annum) and is based in Ankara.
The salary and benefits package is negotiable but will reflect the senior level and extensive experience required to meet the selection criteria, specified below.
Team Leader Profile:
The Team Leader should have the following qualifications and skills:
- Bachelors or higher degree;
- Full computer literacy;
- Excellent command of written and spoken English.
He/she should have at least 12 years of relevant professional experience in project/programme management and/or implementation, in at least one of the following sectors: education, health, migration, socio-economic development, economic development, humanitarian aid.
In addition, he/she should be able to demonstrate the following:
- At least 7 years of experience as a team leader in implementation of development aid project/programmes(s);
- At least 5 years of experience on programme/project level monitoring and/or evaluation assignments (preferably on large multi-annual monitoring contracts); and
- Sector expertise in at least one of the following areas: education of refugees, provision of health services to refugees, job creation and increasing employability of refugees.
Previous experience in the following would be advantageous but is not essential:
- (Innovative) Monitoring approaches utilised by other donors; and
- Working in Turkey.
If you are interested and available to take on this role, please email your CV and a cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org by the deadline of Monday 23rd July 2018 (close of business).
About the Organization
Ecorys is an international company providing research, consultancy and management services. We specialise in economic, social and spatial development and aim to deliver real benefit to society through the work we do. We are one of the oldest research and consulting companies in Europe. In the summer of 2014 we proudly celebrated our 85th anniversary!
Ecorys has over fifty years of experience in working outside our European home markets – particularly in Africa, Asia and South-America. We advise governments, multinational organizations, NGOs and civil society groups, and private sector clients on a wide range of economic and social issues. Our work includes evidence-based research, technical assistance, training and education programs, monitoring and evaluation, project management and tailor-made advice.
More information on the company and the assignments it works on can be found on www.ecorys.com