Proposal and Position Overview:
IBTCI is seeking a Monitoring Team Lead for the anticipated USAID/Bangladesh Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning Activity. The five-year contract has the objective of ensuring that all development programs funded by USAID/Bangladesh achieve their intended results through active performance management of services efficiently and cost-effectively, with a focus on monitoring technical support services; evaluation of technical support services; and learning and adaptive management services. The Team Lead will work to lead all aspects of third party monitoring activities, such as planning and budgeting for each assigned activity. This position is contingent upon award.
Essential Duties/Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Identify appropriate staffing levels. Secure appropriate qualified staff.
- Provide relevant technical guidance.
- Lead consultations with relevant USAID/Bangladesh staff and implementing partners.
- Identify and execute appropriate agreed upon methodology, fieldwork, research, reporting, and deliverables.
- Ensure full integration of the program’s monitoring efforts for data collection, analysis and learning for all program components.
- Compile monitoring data, conduct analysis, draw conclusions on activity impact, and make recommendations to improve program performance.
- Work with relevant staff to develop data-collection plans and questionnaires to evaluate the achievement of activity objectives. Other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of international best practices in both qualitative study and quantitative survey design and implementation.
- Experience and skills in leading and implementing monitoring methods and tools in third-party monitoring projects.
- Demonstrated experience in data analysis and report writing, as well as excellent interpersonal, writing and presentation skills.
- Must have the capacity to manage activities in a multi-cultural environment and in providing consulting services in helping clients analyze problems, devise and adopt solutions.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience working in Bangladesh is highly desired.
- Must have at least twelve (12) years of experience in the monitoring of international development projects, preferably in developing countries; project management; research methods; and project design.
- Must have demonstrated experience in designing and implementing monitoring and verification systems, methods, and tools.
- At least five (5) years of supervisory experience required.
Education: Master’s degree in research methods, social science, development or related field required.
Working Environment: Work is typically performed in an office environment, but will require field travel.
Physical Requirements: This is largely a sedentary position that requires the ability to speak, hear, see, and lift small objects up to 20 lbs.
Supervisory Responsibility: This position may have supervisory responsibilities.
Travel: This position is based in Bangladesh and will require travel throughout the country.
About the Organization
International Business & Technical Consultants, Inc. (IBTCI), a U.S. based international development consulting company established in 1987, has worked in over one hundred countries and implemented over two hundred projects. IBTCI serves government agencies, private sector companies, and several donor agencies. IBTCI specializes in Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) across many sectors including, but not limited to, conflict and crisis, democracy and governance, economic growth, education, environment, and global health.