IBTCI is seeking a Monitoring, Verification and Reporting (MV&R) Officer for its project based in Nairobi, Kenya. This position will ensure timely completion of all program verifications throughout Somalia in compliance with the SPSS quality control protocols. This position is open to Kenya nationals only.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ensure timely completion of all program monitoring, verifications and reporting in compliance with the project’s quality control protocols.
- Directly supervise Somalia-based third party monitoring partners.
- Work closely with third party monitoring partners to ensure all USAID/Somalia Implementing Partners’ data and reports are complete, accurate and consistent.
- Design and develop qualitative monitoring verification tools.
- Collaborate with staff and consultants on qualitative monitoring and verification to provide relevant information for ongoing M&E project activities.
- Prepare and compile MVR reports including collation and attachment of relevant support documentation.
- Participate in preparation/delivery of USAID quarterly presentations.
- Design/update templates for use by report writers.
- Facilitate training on tools/protocols and MVR processes to field supervisors, team leaders and monitors
- Research experience, including writing high-quality research reports and disseminating results to various stakeholders.
- Experience managing field-based staff preferred.
- Prior experience in a remote setting.
- Proven analytical and research skills.
- High level of initiative to innovate and lead in remote and resource-limited settings.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strict attention to detail.
- Proven ability to work well in small teams and with minimal supervision.
- At least 3 years of monitoring and verification experience in a donor-funded, international organization required.
- Demonstrated experience with qualitative methods.
- Strong knowledge of project monitoring, evaluation and verification required.
- Willingness and ability to travel to various project sites in Somalia as needed required.
- Experience with field data collection using mobile technology required.
- Oral and written fluency in English and Somali required.
- Must have significant experience working in Somalia.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
Bachelor’s degree in a social or natural science discipline required.
Work is typically performed in an office environment with some field work.
This is largely a sedentary position that requires the ability to speak, hear, see, and lift small objects up to 20 lbs.
This position does have supervisory responsibilities.
International travel required and may include travel to fragile and/or post-conflict zones.
Candidate must be authorized to work in Nairobi, Kenya.
No phone calls please. All candidates will be acknowledged, but only final candidates for particular activities will be contacted.
About the Organization
International Business & Technical Consultants, Inc. (IBTCI), a U.S. based international development consulting company established in 1987, has worked in over one hundred countries and implemented over two hundred projects. IBTCI serves government agencies, private sector companies and several donor agencies. IBTCI specializes in Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) across many sectors including, but not limited to, conflict and crisis, democracy and governance, economic growth, education, environment, and global health.