Job Title: Monitoring, Verification and Reporting Officer
Department/Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Reports To: MV&R Technical Officer
Type: Regular Full-Time
Classification: This is a managerial, exempt level position
IBTCI is seeking a Monitoring, Verification and Reporting (MV&R) Officer for its project based in Nairobi, Kenya. This position will ensure timely completion of all program verifications throughout Somalia in compliance with the SPSS quality control protocols. This position is open to Kenya nationals only.
Essential Duties/Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Ensure timely completion of all program monitoring, verifications and reporting in compliance with the project’s quality control protocols.
- Directly supervise Somalia-based third-party monitoring partners.
- Line manage the SPSS Field Supervisors across Somaliland, Puntland, Mogadishu and South Central
- Manage Field Supervisors planning, implementation and reporting of spot-checks and re-interviews as part of quality control on data collection
- Carry out spot-checks and re-interviews in the field in conjunction with the Field Supervisors.
- Work closely with third party monitoring partners to ensure all USAID/Somalia Implementing Partners’ data and reports are complete, accurate and consistent.
- Participate in the training and coaching of Field Supervisors, team leaders and monitors on tools/protocols and MVR processes on an ongoing basis.
- Support in testing of all new tools within the mobile data collection platforms.
- Coordinate interactions between implementing partners and field teams on logistics during data collection.
- Any other duties as assigned from time to time by line manager.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Research experience, including writing high-quality research reports and disseminating results to various stakeholders.
- Experience managing field-based staff preferred.
- Prior experience in a remote setting.
- Proven analytical and research skills.
- High level of initiative to innovate and lead in remote and resource-limited settings.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strict attention to detail.
- Proven ability to work well in small teams and with minimal supervision.
- At least 3 years of monitoring and verification experience in a donor-funded, international organization required.
- Demonstrated experience with quantitative and qualitative methods.
- Strong knowledge of project monitoring, evaluation and verification required.
- Willingness and ability to travel to various project sites in Somalia as needed required.
- Experience with field data collection using mobile technology required.
- Oral and written fluency in English and Somali required.
- Must have significant experience working in Somalia.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in a social or natural science discipline required.
Working Environment: Work is typically performed in an office environment with some field work.
Physical Requirements: This is largely a sedentary position that requires the ability to speak, hear, see, and lift small objects up to 20 lbs.
Supervisory Responsibility: This position does have supervisory responsibilities.
Travel: International travel required and may include travel to fragile and/or post-conflict zones.
Work Authorization: Candidate must be authorized to work in Nairobi, Kenya.
No phone calls please. All candidates will be acknowledged, but only final candidates for particular activities will be contacted.
IBTCI is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, national origin, disabled veteran or Vietnam-era veteran, or any other classification protected by applicable anti-discrimination laws. We prohibit and do not tolerate any form of discrimination or harassment.
About the Organization
International Business & Technical Consultants, Inc. (IBTCI), a U.S. based international development consulting company established in 1987, has worked in over one hundred countries and implemented over two hundred projects. IBTCI serves government agencies, private sector companies and several donor agencies. IBTCI specializes in Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) across many sectors including, but not limited to, conflict and crisis, democracy and governance, economic growth, education, environment, and global health.