ACROL is a Programme in the UK’s Cross Whitehall Prosperity Fund (PF) portfolio. The Prosperity Fund is an initiative that aims to reduce poverty through inclusive economic growth and development. It will do this by improving the global business environment, strengthening institutions and encouraging greater global private investment.
The Other PF Strands Are
ACROL is one of four strands being funded by the Bilateral PF Programme in Mexico, to address barriers to inclusive growth and development across key sectors.
- Future Cities
- Financial Services
The ACROL Programme is specifically focused on combatting corruption and improving access to justice. It will achieve this by improving the capacities, capabilities and coordination of the officials and agencies involved in detecting and investigating crime and corruption, by delivering three interventions at the federal level and in selected states.
PA Consulting is seeking an experienced professional to act as Monitoring, Reporting, Evaluation and Learning (MREL) Lead for this Programme.
This is a challenging and exciting opportunity to play a key role in a high-profile and strategic British development initiative in Mexico, which aims to have a positive impact in the access to justice for all, strengthening of Rule of Law, as well as strengthening the relationship between the UK and Mexico.
The main objectives for the Anticorruption and Rule of Law Programme MREL Lead are:
- Lead and execute the MREL Plan for the Programme. The position will be based in Mexico City with the potential for intermittent travel to project and partner locations inside Mexico.
- Track programme performance according to set benchmarks and indicators, contribute to structured internal decision-making processes and iterative learning, and evaluate the impact and effectiveness of the project over the course of the initiative. The role will require to design indicators that help to track the performance of the Programme – from output to impact level of the Theory of Change.
The role will be primarily responsible for guaranteeing the following outcomes:
Oversight, implementation and continuous improvement of the monitoring system
- Manage and implement systems for results-based monitoring of programme activities to ensure quality of outputs and achievement of performance targets.
- Design additions, edits or alterations to the results framework and monitoring systems to ensure continuous improvement
Gathering and evaluation of lessons learnt to design and deploy improvement measures
- Facilitate and improve feedback forums on a regular basis to share accumulated learning across within the team and advise programme decision makers on the improvements to activity design and implementation processes.
- Lead on capturing lessons learnt in key programme documents.
- Support and lead the programme´s reply to reviews of programme strategy and implementation experience.
Information gathering, knowledge generation and improvement through review and evaluation
- Collate information and draft monthly, quarterly and annual progress reports for programme activities.
- Support development of lessons learnt and related notes, as appropriate.
- Maintain the knowledge management system.
- Support revisions to the MREL Plan and implement improvements accordingly.
- Contribute to identification of formative research studies to be undertaken by the programme, including but not limited to political economy analysis.
- Support or lead development of ToRs for formative research to be undertaken by the project and oversee their implementation.
- Undertake case studies to demonstrate the contribution of the programme to intended PF outcomes.
Coordination and capacity building on MREL related aspects
- Work collaboratively to build the MREL capacity of local partners and other related stakeholders within the supply chain.
- Coordinate the collection of information with the supply chain organizations.
- Coordinate with other programmes to promote synergies across research, monitoring and evaluation frameworks, sharing of lessons learnt and triangulation of observations.
- Coordinate with independent evaluators, provided an independent evaluation is commissioned, to share relevant programme data and provide an overview of internal MREL mechanisms pertinent to third-party assessments.
- Ensure follow and fulfilment of all MREL requirements and tools.
Deliverables to achieve these requirements will be agreed each month.
This role will coordinate with the Central Delivery Unit (CDU) and with other team members as needed to develop the required activities and related deliverables. Deliverables will be agreed, reviewed and validated by ACROL’s Programme Director and Team Leader.
PA Consulting is looking for a pro-active and engaged professional with a passion for Evaluation and Learning in international development initiatives in Mexico. With very strong personal and interpersonal core competencies to be able to maintain excellent communication and coordination with all the actors of the ACROL Programme.
Written and verbal skills both in English and Spanish to create a wide range of products and communication materials, excellent use of metadata, databases, Excel and other tools for MREL is mandatory for this post.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience of M&E system design and implementation with responsibility for organisational/programme learning.
- Solid knowledge of Theory of Change and Logical framework methodologies.
- Bachelor’s degree (Master’s degree preferable) in a relevant subject such as social science, political science, organizational development, M&E or similar.
- Ability to work and write in both English and Spanish language.
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
The successful candidate will build, maintain and constantly have effective communication and liaison with international, national and local stakeholders and with the Programme Central Delivery Unit (CDU) in Mexico City. Additionally, the MREL Lead will maintain coordinated and efficient relationships and work closely with delivery partners, local government stakeholders, business actors, civil society, NGOs and any other relevant stakeholders, to ensure proper delivery and compliance of the ACROL programme and the MREL Plan.
Essential qualifications, skills and experience
This is an ideal opportunity for a flexible, motivated self-starter who has strong programme management and stakeholder engagement skills. A successful applicant would need to demonstrate a combination of experience in liaising with government officials, and actors in private sector, academia and civil society organizations, as well as solid MREL skills.
- Graduate with a university degree on a relevant area to the Programme (define which ones, in order to avoid candidates that do not comply our expectations), and at least five years of relevant experience working in Monitoring, Reporting, Evaluation and Learning;
- Experience participation in complex international cooperation programmes;
- Experience of liaising with diverse stakeholders (give examples which kind of stakeholders, perhaps for us is more relevant government stakeholders);
- Understanding of ODA/International development matters (define which ones, the more narrow the better);
- Strong people skills what you mean by this (leadership, communication skills?);
- Flexible and creative problem-solver, able to come up with innovative solutions to complex challenges (like thinking out of the box);
- Excellent communication and influencing skills including in giving presentations to internal and external audiences (both English and Spanish);
- Team player driven by values.
Desirable qualifications, skills and experience
Technical knowledge and applied experience on MREL and evaluation units, SMART indicators and international cooperation evaluations.
- Experience working with government stakeholders;
- Experience working with international delivery partners and governments;
- Experience/knowledge of UK and/or other donors ODA programmes;
- Knowledge of justice, security and anticorruption reforms policy and practice.
- Effective Decision-making.
- Collaborating and Partnering.
- Achieving Commercial Outcomes.
- Delivering Value for Money.
Type of Position
50% Part time role
Day rate (depending on qualifications and experience)
About the Organization
PA is an innovation and transformation consultancy. We believe in the power of ingenuity to build a positive human future in a technology-driven world. As strategies, technologies and innovation collide, we turn complexity into opportunity. Our diverse teams of experts combine innovative thinking and breakthrough technologies to progress further, faster. Our clients adapt and transform, and together we achieve enduring results. We are over 2,600 specialists in consumer, defence and security, energy and utilities, financial services, government, healthcare, life sciences, manufacturing, and transport, travel and logistics. And we operate globally from offices across the Americas, Europe, the Nordics and the Gulf. PA. Bringing Ingenuity to Life.