Job DescriptionPact Overview:
At the heart of Pact is the promise of a better tomorrow. A nonprofit international development organization founded in 1971, Pact works on the ground in nearly 40 countries to improve the lives of those who are challenged by poverty and marginalization. We serve these communities because we envision a world where everyone owns their future. To do this, we build systemic solutions in partnership with local organizations, businesses, and governments that create sustainable and resilient communities where those we serve are heard, capable, and vibrant.
Pact is a recognized global leader in international development. Our staff have a range of expertise in areas including public health, capacity development, governance and civil society, natural resource management, poverty, fragile states, monitoring and evaluation, small-scale and artisanal mining, microfinance and more. This expertise is combined in Pact’s unique integrated approach, which focuses on systemic changes needed to improve people’s lives.Department Overview:
Pact strives for a world where all people are heard, capable, and vibrant. The Integrated Communications department helps realize this objective by supporting organizational and project level communications across Pact.Position Purpose:
Working with Pact’s Senior Designer, the Specialist will be responsible for supporting design and production of high-quality multimedia products for use across a variety of channels. This person will also be responsible for supporting the day to day design needs for Pact HQ and coordinating with both Country offices and global external vendors to meet the needs of program staff working within donor guidelines. The position entails project management and administrative tasks, including managing incoming creative support requests, processing invoices, and miniating vendor relationships. The role is hands-on, working with the Communications team, Pact’s leadership and departments across the organization. You must be a creative thinker and a team player with a good sense of graphic design tools and an ability to engage with global staff.Key Responsibilities:
- Assist the Senior Designer in the design, layout, and preparation of key materials to support Pact’s mission, including Annual report and others.
- Assist with ongoing graphic design tasks using Adobe Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, etc.
- Conceptualize and create compelling visual content, for both print and distribution on social media channels
- Design lay out and produce artwork such as graphs, maps, charts, posters, signs and report cover
- Design infographics and other templates editable in PowerPoint and Word
- Work closely with internal teams preparing high-profile external presentations on presentation visualization, slide deck structure, and creative production
- Build relationships with country office staff
- Meet with country-level and DC staff to determine the scope of design projects, agree on timelines and outline production process expectations
- Provide administrative and vendor relations support for the IComms team
- Manage creative assets (photos, infographics, etc.) and update/organize appropriate libraries
- Moderate and foster discussions on the Integrated Communications Community of Practice on Pact’s intranet
- Monitor Pact’s social media channels as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design, Communications, or a related field (or degree in another field with a substantive design portfolio)
- At least 3 years of design experience
- Expertise in Adobe Creative Suite, specifically InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop and Premiere
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite, including PowerPoint and Word
- Strong design skills reflected in a current portfolio
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Proven ability to work within brand guidelines
- Ability to self-manage, work on multiple responsibilities and assignments, and take ownership of a project from beginning to end under strict deadlines
- Flexible, able to solve problems independently and to work collaboratively with other team members
- Ability to build relationships with staff from different cultures
- A background or interest in international development
- Experience with HTML and CSS
- International work experience
- Fluency in Spanish and/or French.
Pact is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors
About the Organization
At the heart of Pact is the promise of a better tomorrow. The promise of a healthy life. Of a decent livelihood. Of sustainable natural resources that benefit communities. Now more than ever in its 42-year history, Pact is helping millions of people who are poor and marginalized discover and build their own solutions and take ownership over their future.
Pact enables systemic solutions that allow those who are poor and marginalized to earn a dignified living, be healthy, and take part in the benefits that nature provides. Pact accomplishes this by strengthening local capacity, forging effective governance systems, and transforming markets into a force for development.
Pact is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.