Multiple positions in the Mekong
The Australia Mekong NGO Engagement Platform
Short term inputs over a 3 year duration (with possible extension)
We are seeking expressions of interest from suitably qualified consultants to form part of the Program Quality Resource Group (PQRG). PQRG members will support AusAID, through the AMNEP Coordinator, to improve the effectiveness of its NGO and civil society programs through enhanced partnerships, by partnering in bilateral sector programs and aligning with their objectives. The PQRG plays an important high level role in supporting AMNEP’s change agenda. PQRG members must therefore have a thorough and strategic understanding of the potential role of NGOs and civil society working in full partnership with AusAID.
We are seeking consultants with Mekong–specific experience in the following areas:
- Design of civil society support programs for AusAID or other development partners
- Monitoring Evaluation and Learning with a focus on NGO and civil society programs
- Facilitation of civil society partnership approaches; partnership brokering experience desirable
- Poverty alleviation from a civil society perspective including poverty targeting and social protection
- Leadership in development advocacy; specifically policy dialogue, knowledge-to-policy, and civil society-based policy research
- Capacity development in the area of NGO/CSO management including financial management
- Due diligence, gender, disability and social safeguards
- Experience of engaging with private sector as one of the stakeholders in development
Positions are open to Mekong Regional and International Consultants and appropriately skilled staff of NGOs. Women and nationals of Cambodia, Laos, Myanmar and Vietnam with relevant experience are encouraged to apply. Competitive market rates will apply to positions.
A more detailed Terms of Reference and application package are available at our website at http://ch.tbe.taleo.net/CH02/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=URSAUS&cws=1&rid=535 or enter job code 535.
Your application will need to include:
- A cover letter which specifically includes your area of expertise and signed CV, including a declaration that the information provided is true and correct.
- Names and contact details of two referees.
Applications close 12 August 2013
URS is an equal opportunity employer of choice and is committed to child protection. Successful applicants for projects involving direct or indirect contact with children will be required to undertake a police clearance.
An Australian Aid Initiative-managed by URS Australia
About the Organization
URS is the managing contractor of the Australia Mekong NGO Engagement Platform (AMNEP), providing project management and technical support. AMNEP is an innovative new approach to AusAID’s engagement with NGOs and civil society in the Mekong subregion and provides a range of technical, advisory and administrative support to AusAID programs working with NGOs and civil society in Cambodia, Laos, Vietnam and in future, Myanmar.