Project: Technical assistance for the public financial management capacity development programme for improved service delivery
Engagement: Long-term, 660 working days
Location: South Africa
The overall objective of the project is: Improved public finance management and participatory decision-making within all three spheres of government – national, provincial and local – with a particular focus on the local government level.
The purpose of this contract is as follows:
To provide technical assistance that will contribute to the development of improved financial management through enhanced institutional, organisational, human capacity and stakeholders’ relationship.
Results to be achieved by the contractor:
- Result Area 1: Increased Professionalisation of Public Financial Management within all spheres of government (national, provincial and local).
- Result Area 2: Enhanced Capacity of Provincial Treasuries to perform their roles with respect to provincial departments and municipalities.
- Result Area 3: Improved Capacity of Municipalities to manage public funds and deliver services.
Qualifications and skills
- At least a Master’s degree academic level in PFM. In the absence of a Master’s degree academic level, a Bachelor’s academic level in PFM will be accepted with 15 years of general professional experience instead of 12.
General professional experience
- At least 12 years’ professional experience in Public Finance Management.
Specific professional experience
- At least 5 trainings delivered on PFM in the last 10 years in a local government or municipal context;
- At least 3 years’ working experience in municipal finance management environment;
- Experience in the implementation of at least three PFM capacity development programmes in the last 10 years will be considered as advantageous.
About the Organization
Human Dynamics is a leading European provider of consulting services for the public sector with more than 120 projects implemented in 30 countries worldwide. Currently, Human Dynamics and its 300 experts and consultants advise more than 40 ministries and public/government agencies worldwide. You are welcome on our website for more details: www.humandynamics.org