Democratic Republic of the Congo
About World Vision:
World Vision is a Christian humanitarian, development and advocacy organisation devoted to improving the lives of children, families and their communities around the world.
Our 42,000+ staff members working in more than 90 countries are united through our ethos, mission and shared desire for all individuals, especially children, to overcome poverty, inequality and injustice.
Here’s where you come in:
As National Director –Democratic Republic of the Congo, you will oversee the development and strategy of all country operations. World Vision DRC was founded in 1984 and serves more than 94,000 children, their families and their communities across 30+ programme areas.
You are a highly accomplished visionary leader who combines proven business disciplines with inspirational management skills to effectively communicate global initiatives, cultivate relationships, and identify opportunities to successfully drive World Vision DRC growth and development.
- Educational level required: Master’s Degree in Management, Business or in an area of International Development.
- Management Experience: 8-10 years of experience in leadership/management field (3-5 of which should be in an international organization). Management experience of an organization with over 500 national and international staff required.
- Significant leadership and management experience in handling complex humanitarian emergencies and country/national multi-sectoral projects is required.
- Evident vision and passion for the poor (particularly the vulnerability of children subjected to poverty) with a good understanding of the culture history and social context of DR Congo.
- Language proficiency in English & French are essential.
- 40% Domestic/International travel is required.
Is this the job for you?
World Vision is dedicated to our team members’ development and their success. We aspire for all employees to be fulfilled through their work and their contributions to an organisation working to provide long-term sustainable solutions to the world’s most vulnerable people.
Find the full responsibilities and requirements for this position online and apply by the closing date 01 March 2018. For more information on World Vision International, please visit our website: www.wvi.org.
Due to the number of applications received, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
About the Organization
The World Vision Partnership is a global community of people passionately committed to improving the lives and futures of the world’s most vulnerable children.
We believe that every child is a precious gift to the entire world and that their well-being concerns us all. We will not rest while children suffer in situations that can be changed. We are looking for people who share our beliefs and our passion.