National Director – Brazil
World Vision International
World Vision is a Christian humanitarian, development and advocacy organisation devoted to improving the lives of children, families and their communities around the world. Our almost 40,000 staff members working in nearly 100 countries are united through our ethos, mission and shared desire for all individuals, especially children, to overcome poverty, inequality and injustice.
Here’s where you come in:
As National Director – Brazil, you will oversee the development and strategy of all country operations. World Vision Brazil was founded in 19745 and serves more than 330 thousand children, their families and their communities across many programme areas.
Over the next 5 years World Vision Brazil has set an exciting goal of transitioning from an internationally funded entity, to a wholly self-sustainable office, responsible for its own fundraising with 100% of local multiple funds.
The National Director of World Vision Brazil will lead these efforts by developing and executing the country strategy through programme approaches and operating plans with clear, measurable short-term and long-term targets. We are looking for an experienced senior NGO practitioner who has served at the country director level or higher and has the proven business skills to guide World Vision Brazil through this transition to greater sustainability.
- Master’s degree in Management, Social Sciences or equivalent.
- At least 8 years’ senior management experience, including 5 years’ in a proven Marketing and Business role with ambitious sales targets, with overall responsibility for growing the sales portfolio of a profit or not-for-profit company and 5 years’ experience in Governance.
- Experience managing an organisation budget of $10 million USD or more, extensive fundraising, sales, marketing and business development experience
- Proficient Portuguese and English, with fluency in Spanish preferred
- Ability to engage evangelical sector across denominations, preferred knowledge and relations with evangelical churches in Brazil
- Strong understanding of the socio-economic, political and cultural issues of Brazil. 40% Domestic/international travel is required.
Is this the job for you?
World Vision is dedicated to our team members’ development and their success. We aspire for all employees to be fulfilled through their work and their contributions to an organisation working to provide long-term sustainable solutions to the world’s most vulnerable people.
Find the full responsibilities and requirements for this position online and apply by the closing date 31 July 2018. For more information on World Vision International, please visit our website: www.wvi.org. Due to the number of applications received, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
About the Organization
The World Vision Partnership is a global community of people passionately committed to improving the lives and futures of the world’s most vulnerable children.
We believe that every child is a precious gift to the entire world and that their well-being concerns us all. We will not rest while children suffer in situations that can be changed. We are looking for people who share our beliefs and our passion.