World Vision Uganda
About World Vision:
World Vision is a Christian humanitarian, development and advocacy organisation devoted to improving the lives of children, families and their communities around the world.
Our 42,000+ staff members working in more than 90 countries are united through our ethos, mission and shared desire for all individuals, especially children, to overcome poverty, inequality and injustice.
Here’s where you come in:
As National Director – Uganda, you will oversee the development and strategy of all country operations. World Vision Uganda was founded in 1986 and now serves more than 129,800 children, their families and their communities across 49 Area programmes areas with 1,050 staff and a total annual budget of US$ 95,397,452 (47,553,373 cash and 47.844,079 GIK).
You are a highly accomplished visionary leader who combines proven business disciplines with inspirational management skills to effectively communicate global initiatives, cultivate relationships, and identify opportunities to successfully drive World Vision Uganda growth and development.
Leadership and Strategic Management - Promote World Vision’s Vision, Mission, Core Values and key Partnership Standards, guidelines and Practices among the staff and partners and ensure these are the core foundation of the office strategies and work
Ministry Quality - Ensure high ministry quality and high impact by ensuring that the organisation is achieving its expected annual targets in all programmes on a sustainable basis
Financial Management and Accountability - Provide good stewardship and oversight over all resources at all times and throughout the organization
Compliance and Risk Management - Stay abreast of local legal and regulatory requirements/standards and ensure the office complies with them at all times; Ensure risks to the organization are identified in a timely manner and regularly report to the Board/Regional Office.
Safety and Security - Maintain, and regularly review security and safety plans and protocols (security manual, evacuation plan, Disaster Preparedness Plan, Risk/Crisis Communication and risk assessments at national and AP levels) and ensure; understanding and compliance by all staff and visitors.
- Degree in Development Studies, Social Sciences, Organizational Management, Leadership, Strategic Planning or related disciplines. An additional qualification in Resource Mobilization would be a plus.
- A minimum of 10 years management experience, 5 of which should have been at National/Country Director or similar level in complex development programming. Programme experience with WV integrated programming areas (Education, Health/WASH, Livelihoods, Child protection) desired. Experience in Microfinance operations and Humanitarian Emergency Assistance a plus.
- Demonstrable track record in working with and supporting Board(s) and leading senior management teams.
- Experience in managing diverse, strategic and time sensitive projects (e.g. infrastructural construction/renovation, staff re-structuring etc.);
- Successful past experience in overseeing large grants and working with government donors (USAID, DFID, USAID etc.), UN agencies (WFP, UNHCR, etc.) and government structures.
- Willingness to travel up to 40% of time.
Is this the job for you?
World Vision is dedicated to our team members’ development and their success. We aspire for all employees to be fulfilled through their work and their contributions to an organisation working to provide long-term sustainable solutions to the world’s most vulnerable people.
Find the full responsibilities and requirements for this position online and apply by the closing date 05 MAR 2018. For more information on World Vision International, please visit our website: www.wvi.org.
Due to the number of applications received, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
About the Organization
The World Vision Partnership is a global community of people passionately committed to improving the lives and futures of the world’s most vulnerable children.
We believe that every child is a precious gift to the entire world and that their well-being concerns us all. We will not rest while children suffer in situations that can be changed. We are looking for people who share our beliefs and our passion.