National Director – Cambodia and Laos
World Vision International
World Vision is a Christian humanitarian, development and advocacy organisation devoted to improving the lives of children, families and their communities around the world. Our almost 40,000 staff members working in nearly 100 countries are united through our ethos, mission and shared desire for all individuals, especially children, to overcome poverty, inequality and injustice.
Here’s where you come in:
As National Director – Cambodia and Laos, you will oversee the development and strategy of all country operations across both Cambodia and Laos. World Vision began working in Cambodia and Laos in 1970 and 1968 respectively. World Vision now serves more than 2,930,707 children, their families and their communities across both countries.
You are a highly accomplished visionary leader who combines proven business disciplines with inspirational management skills to effectively communicate global initiatives, cultivate relationships, and identify opportunities to successfully drive World Vision Cambodia and Laos growth and development.
- Deliver on Child Well-being Aspirations / Outcomes and Targets
- Grow and Leverage Yield to Ministry
- Increase and Diversify Funding Portfolio
- Achieve Operational and Stewardship Excellence
- Recruit, Motivate, Equip, Lead and Retain Capable Staff
- Twin Citizenship (loyal to World Vision country initiatives and the greater global World Vision organisation) and Partnering both externally and internally
- Build proactive external relationships with local government leaders, donors, church leaders, and private corporations
- Master’s degree or equivalent experience with training and experience in fund development and organizational management
- Substantial programme management experience at a senior level for at least 5 years in a developing country context, with evidence of both responsibility and accountability.
- A proven ability to engage at a strategic level and maintain quality networks with senior UN, INGO and Government officials.
- Good networking skills with high net worth individuals, corporates, bilateral donors and multilateral donors and a proven ability to access and implement and manage grant funded programs.
- Excellent understanding of the political, social and economic context in East Asia countries, particularly in Cambodia & Laos, and its impact on WV as a Christian International NGO.
- Requires ability to travel (internally in Cambodia, to Laos on a regular basis, as well as externally in the Asia region and internationally) approximately 30% of working time. Commitment to World Vision’s objectives, ethos, core ministries, Mission Statement and Core Values is mandatory
Is this the job for you?
World Vision is dedicated to our team members’ development and their success. We aspire for all employees to be fulfilled through their work and their contributions to an organisation working to provide long-term sustainable solutions to the world’s most vulnerable people.
Find the full responsibilities and requirements for this position online and apply by the closing date 20 AUG 2018. For more information on World Vision International, please visit our website: www.wvi.org. Due to the number of applications received, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
About the Organization
The World Vision Partnership is a global community of people passionately committed to improving the lives and futures of the world’s most vulnerable children.
We believe that every child is a precious gift to the entire world and that their well-being concerns us all. We will not rest while children suffer in situations that can be changed. We are looking for people who share our beliefs and our passion.