World Vision China
Position based in Hong Kong, China. Other locations in China may be considered.
Term of appointment is 2 years, with renewal subject to formal review.
About World Vision:
World Vision is a Christian humanitarian, development and advocacy organisation devoted to improving the lives of children, families and their communities around the world.
Our 42,000+ staff members working in more than 90 countries are united through our ethos, mission and shared desire for all individuals, especially children, to overcome poverty, inequality and injustice.
Here’s where you come in:
As National Director – World Vision China, you will oversee the development and strategy of all country operations, including over 500 staff and a total expenditure of US $23 Million. World Vision China was founded in 1993 and now benefits more than 3,362,986 children, their families and their communities across 35 programme areas.
You are a highly accomplished visionary leader who combines proven business disciplines with inspirational management skills to effectively communicate global initiatives, cultivate relationships, and identify opportunities to successfully drive World Vision China growth and development.
- Deliver on child-wellbeing aspirations, outcomes and targets
- Grow and leverage yield to ministry
- Increase and diversity funding portfolio
- Achieve operational and stewardship excellence
- Recruit, motivate, equip, lead and retain capable staff
- Twin citizenship and partnering with external, board and internal partners
- Master’s degree or equivalent experience with training and experience in fund development and organizational management.
- Substantial programme management experience at a senior level for at least (5) years in a developing country context, with evidence of both responsibility and accountability.
- Excellent communication skills in Mandarin and English, both verbal and written, and demonstrated ability to communicate and appreciate the cross cultural environment.
- Excellent understanding of the political, social and economic context of PRC and its impact on World Vision as a Christian International NGO.
- Must provide leadership and a lifestyle that reflects well of a faith-based NGO and that respects the cultures within China.
- Requires ability to travel (internally in China as well as externally in the Asia region and internationally) approximately 30% of working time.
Is this the job for you?
World Vision is dedicated to our team members’ development and their success. We aspire for all employees to be fulfilled through their work and their contributions to an organisation working to provide long-term sustainable solutions to the world’s most vulnerable people.
Find the full responsibilities and requirements for this position online and apply by the closing date 31 OCT 2017. For more information on World Vision International, please visit our website: www.wvi.org. Due to the number of applications received, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
About the Organization
The World Vision Partnership is a global community of people passionately committed to improving the lives and futures of the world’s most vulnerable children.
We believe that every child is a precious gift to the entire world and that their well-being concerns us all. We will not rest while children suffer in situations that can be changed. We are looking for people who share our beliefs and our passion.