National Director – Kenya
World Vision International
World Vision is a Christian humanitarian, development and advocacy organisation devoted to improving the lives of children, families and their communities around the world. Our almost 40,000 staff members working in nearly 100 countries are united through our ethos, mission and shared desire for all individuals, especially children, to overcome poverty, inequality and injustice.
Here’s where you come in:
As National Director – Kenya you will oversee the development and strategy of all country operations. World Vision Kenya was founded in 1974 and serves more than 1.8 million children, their families and their communities across 42 programme areas.
You are a highly accomplished visionary leader who combines proven business disciplines with inspirational management skills to effectively communicate global initiatives, cultivate relationships, and identify opportunities to successfully drive World Vision Kenya growth and development.
- Master’s Degree in a relevant field.
- A minimum of 15 years of relevant experience in international relief and development, with progressively more complex and higher level leadership roles.
- Training in Non-profit leadership and experience in leading diverse teams that include national and international staff.
- Experience with integrated community development programming, with a diverse knowledge of technical program areas where World Vision focuses (education, health/nutrition, livelihood/resilience, micro-finance, child protection, etc.).
- Strong ability to engage externally with donors, partners and other stakeholders. Evidence of building coalitions and engaging externally to influence policy and strategic directions.
- Fluency in English/strong written and spoken English language skills and ability to communicate the Mission and Vision of the organization well.
- Previous experience in Africa and understanding of the context and cultures of the continent.
- Work environment: Office-based with frequent travel to the field.
- Travel: 25% domestic with occasional international travel required.
Is this the job for you?
World Vision is dedicated to our team members’ development and their success. We aspire for all employees to be fulfilled through their work and their contributions to an organisation working to provide long-term sustainable solutions to the world’s most vulnerable people.
Find the full responsibilities and requirements for this position online and apply by the closing date 18 Feb 2019. For more information on World Vision International, please visit our website: www.wvi.org. Due to the number of applications received, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
About the Organization
The World Vision Partnership is a global community of people passionately committed to improving the lives and futures of the world’s most vulnerable children.
We believe that every child is a precious gift to the entire world and that their well-being concerns us all. We will not rest while children suffer in situations that can be changed. We are looking for people who share our beliefs and our passion.