National Director – World Vision Senegal
World Vision International
World Vision is a Christian humanitarian, development and advocacy organisation devoted to improving the lives of children, families and their communities around the world. Our almost 40,000 staff members working in nearly 100 countries are united through our ethos, mission and shared desire for all individuals, especially children, to overcome poverty, inequality and injustice.
Here’s where you come in:
As National Director – World Vision Senegal, you will oversee the development and strategy of all country operations. World Vision Senegal was founded in 1991 and serves more than 7,6 million children, their families and their communities across 24 programme areas.
You are a highly accomplished visionary leader who combines proven business disciplines with inspirational management skills to effectively communicate global initiatives, cultivate relationships, and identify opportunities to successfully drive World Vision Senegal growth and development.
- Master’s degree in development studies, management or social sciences or equivalent with ten (10) years of experience in a country level programme management.
- A minimum of ten (10) years of experience in overseeing large Government grants, acquisition and donor engagement.
- Experience in fundraising in general and generating local revenue in particular, advocacy, public relations and leading or working with advisory boards.
- Ability to present persuasively to a Senior Management Team, staff, donors, NGO’s, government officials, community leaders and other stakeholders.
- Effective in written and verbal communication in English and French.
- Ability to juggle emergency response with long-term transformational development.
- The position requires ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally up to 15% of the time.
Is this the job for you?
World Vision is dedicated to our team members’ development and their success. We aspire for all employees to be fulfilled through their work and their contributions to an organisation working to provide long-term sustainable solutions to the world’s most vulnerable people.
Find the full responsibilities and requirements for this position online and apply by the closing date 31 Mar 2019. For more information on World Vision International, please visit our website: www.wvi.org. Due to the number of applications received, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
About the Organization
The World Vision Partnership is a global community of people passionately committed to improving the lives and futures of the world’s most vulnerable children.
We believe that every child is a precious gift to the entire world and that their well-being concerns us all. We will not rest while children suffer in situations that can be changed. We are looking for people who share our beliefs and our passion.