Banyan Global is an international development consulting firm with offices based in Washington, DC and abroad. Banyan Global operates seamlessly within six practice areas: health, finance and investment, enterprise development, gender, youth, and evaluation and learning.
Banyan Global is recruiting for Gender and Social Inclusion (GSI) experts in Lesotho to provide GSI technical support for an upcoming Millennium Challenge Corporation (MCC) Call Order providing GSI due diligence support for a project improving capital investment in Lesotho. The project primarily involves activities in agriculture, irrigation, land, and technical assistance for small and medium-size enterprises (SMEs), with a main focus on women and youth.
This position is remote with some travel required depending on COVID-19 restrictions and is contingent upon contract award.
- Provide technical support to GSI activities and all deliverables included in the Call Order.
- Coordinate with a team of international and national technical, research, and sector specialists.
- Conduct required secondary data collection (literature review) as needed.
- Conduct required primary data collection remotely or by traveling within Lesotho with a team of national and international GSI experts.
- Provide overall technical support to Banyan Global HQ and MCC GSI staff in integrating GSI in due diligence on SMEs, with a focus on women and youth.
- Conduct necessary in-country background research on potential women and youth-owned SMEs in Lesotho.
- Provide other GSI technical support as required by Banyan Global and MCC.
- An advanced degree in economics, development, or related field.
- At least 7 years expertise in inclusive growth concepts and approaches.
- At least 5 years’ experience in developing and implementing new and innovative frameworks, methodology, and tools to identify and analyze barriers to inclusive growth and the impact of these barriers on the poor, women, and other disadvantaged groups.
- At least 5 years’ experience working in multisectoral teams and working with donors and governments.
- At least 5 years’ experience working in Lesotho.
- Strong technical research and writing skills.
- Strong qualitative and quantitative data collection skills.
- Fluency in one or more local languages (Sesotho, Zulu, Phuthi, Xhosa) preferred.
- Previous experience in due diligence, particularly with SMEs, preferred.
- Previous MCC experience preferred.
Banyan Global is an equal opportunity employer. Please apply to the position through our website, https://banyanglobal.com/careers/
About the Organization
Banyan Global is a women-owned and managed international development consulting firm based in Washington, DC with staff working in several countries across the world. Banyan Global operates within six practice areas: gender, health, finance and investment, enterprise development, youth, and monitoring, evaluation and learning.