Banyan Global is an international development consulting firm with offices based in Washington, D.C. and abroad. Banyan Global operates seamlessly within six practice areas: health, finance and investment, enterprise development, gender, youth, and evaluation and learning.
Banyan Global is recruiting a national Gender Consultant in Guatemala to work with an international team to conduct a Gender Assessment and a GBV Costing Study to inform USAID/Guatemala’s 2019-2024 Country Development Cooperation Strategy (CDCS). The Gender consultant will work with the team and local academia, think tanks, government institutions and NGOs to set up expert interviews and focus groups. The consultant will travel to Guatemala for 4-5 weeks to conduct the gender assessment.
- Work within a team of international gender experts to conduct a Gender Assessment and GBV Costing Study in Guatemala.
- Set up expert interviews and focus groups with academia, think tanks, government institutions and Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs) to inform the studies.
- Contribute to the preparation of an Inception Report.
- Contribute to the design of the methodology and participate in meetings with team leader.
- Contribute to the drafting of data collection instruments.
- Establish and participate in key informant interviews and assist in presentation of study findings to USAID and project staff.
- Contribute to the findings, conclusions, and recommendations for report and presentation.
- Assist in drafting the final report and make revisions based on USAID and Banyan Global feedback.
- At least five years of experience in working in development research and/or evaluations, preferably in the area of gender analysis.
- Must have contacts with academia, think tanks, government institutions, and NGOs in order to be able to set up expert interviews and focus groups.
- Bachelor of Arts degree in public health, economics, anthropology, and other related fields, with a focus on gender and/or social inclusion preferred.
- Excellent quantitative and qualitative data analysis and interpretation skills.
- Possess working computer skills, particularly Excel.
- Excellent speaking and writing Spanish required, English skills required.
- Guatemalan nationality.
Banyan Global is an equal opportunity employer. To apply, please submit an application via our website at: http://www.banyanglobal.com/careers-php/
About the Organization
Banyan Global is a development consulting firm committed to improving livelihoods through market approaches to international development. The firm has offices in Washington, DC and New York City and staff working in a number of developing countries. Banyan Global operates seamlessly within five practice areas: gender, health, microfinance, financial sector development, and enterprise development.