USAID/Ghana has contracted Banyan Global to carry out a country-level Gender Analysis and Assessment, which will inform the mission’s 2019-2024 Country Development Cooperation Strategy. The Gender Analysis and Assessment will concentrate on the following sectors:
- Democracy and Governance
- Economic Growth
Cross-cutting themes and populations will include: women’s empowerment, GBV prevention and response, youth, and behavior change. The analysis and assessment will take place from July 15 through October 4, 2019. The Ghanaian National Gender Expert will be alotted a maximum of 50 days of LOE.
The National Gender Expert (NGE) will collaborate with a four-person team, including a team leader, an international senior gender expert and another national gender expert. The NGE will support the preparation of an inception report; and will participate in primary data collection in Ghana for four weeks. The NGE will support the preparation of a draft and final Gender Analysis and Assessment Report in English in line with USAID and Banyan Global formatting and graphics standards. The estimated level of effort is maximum 50 days, and the tasks to be completed include the following:
- Collaborate with a four-person research team, including an international team leader, international senior gender expert, and one other national gender expertsto carry out the gender analysis and assessment.
- Support the preparation of an inception report, which will include a review of existing literature and resources, a detailed methodology, work plan, table of contents, and data collection instruments for the Gender Analysis and Assessment.
- Collaborate with a four-person research team to carry out data collection in Ghana for 4 weeks (August 5-30, 2019). This will include carrying out key informant interviews and focus groups with USAID and partner staff, and government, NGO and civil society stakeholders. Each team of two members will carry out data collection missions in two regions (TBD).
- Present the preliminary findings and recommendations of the Gender Analysis and Assessment to USAID/Ghana staff and partners at the end of the mission (8/30/19).
- Collaborate in the drafting of the final Gender Analysis and Assessment report; make revisions to the draft report based on USAID and Banyan Global feedback; and submit the Final Gender Assessment Report to Banyan Global.
This position seeks a national consultant with core experience working with and knowledge of USAID programs and must be an experienced social. Other qualifications include:
- At least 7 years of experience carrying out gender analysis and assessments.
- Minimum of 5 years‘ experience in operations research, policy formulation and program design.
- Experience with behavior change communication methodologies and best practices.
- Familiarity with USAID Strategic Direction and Program management.
- Exceptional inter-personal and inter-cultural skills.
- Excellent leadership skills.
- Sector expertise in one of the priority sectors areas (Health, Education, Democracy and Governance, and Economic Growth); and thematic expertise on gender-based violence prevention and response, and behavior change.
- Ghanaian nationality.
- Fluency in written and spoken English, and fluency in Twi.
Reporting: The consultant will report to Victoria Rames, Chief of Party – Banyan Global ADVANTAGE Gender Integration Technical Assistance Task Order. All deliverables should be submitted to email@example.com.
About the OrganizationBanyan Global is a small, women-owned development consulting firm, founded on the principle that integrating expertise and experience from the development community and private sector will achieve a broad and lasting impact. Through market-driven, business approaches, Banyan Global works with the private sector, civil society, and government to improve livelihoods, build markets, and promote efficient resource allocation in developing and transitional economies. Banyan Global operates seamlessly within four practice areas: health sector development, microfinance, enterprise development, and financial sector development. Gender is a cross-cutting area of expertise.
Banyan Global brings together a unique team of professionals with experience in international development and the private sector. Banyan Global provides advisory, policy, and regulatory services; program management; technical assistance and training; and research and evaluation. Banyan Global also provides niche expertise in gender and post-conflict. Banyan Global's clients include leading bilateral and multilateral donor agencies, regional development banks, foundations, not-for-profit organizations, business, and industry. Banyan Global holds a significant portfolio of subcontracts for USAID-funded work and has worked in more than 35 countries, serving clients in Africa, Asia, Eastern Europe, Latin America, and the Middle East.