Chemonics seeks a short-term National Medicines Registration Database consultant to support the USAID Global Health Supply Chain Program - Procurement and Supply Management project (GHSC-PSM) onsite in Luanda, Angola. GHSC-PSM is the primary vehicle through which USAID procures and delivers health commodities and provides technical assistance to improve partner countries’ management of the supply chain, collaborating with key international stakeholders on global health initiatives. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Review and map the current processes for registration of local and international pharmaceutical suppliers and distributors in Angola
- Work to map manufacturers contracted by local distributors and suppliers to obtain the Global Location Number
- Review and map the current process for registration of medicines and medical equipment in Angola, and create interministerial standard operating procedures to reflect these processes and an associated approvals matrix for a future digitalized system and database
- Begin to collect and compile existing data inputs into an Excel or Access database for continued planning of registration database implementation that will be co-managed by the National Directorate of Medicines and Equipment (DNME) and GHSC-PSM
- Based on a needs assessment, indicate system requirements for Angola’s DNME to digitalize this process and database so that it can be maintained by the Ministry of Health
- Make recommendations for system selection report and required scope planning to address the Ministry of Health’s needs
- Coordinate meetings with the technical director, track and trace specialist, and DNME as appropriate
- Degree in social sciences, public health, systems engineering, pharmacy, supply chain management, or other relevant field
- Excellent interpersonal skills, sound judgment, and strong communication skills
- Experience working with national drug regulatory agencies for medicines registration database creation
- Experience in a hardship post preferred
- Knowledge of GS1 and Master Data Management preferred
- Demonstrated versatility and integrity
- Fluency in English required; ability to speak and write in Portuguese preferred
Please send electronics submissions of your CV and cover letter to AngolaDatabaseConsultant@ghsc-psm.org by August 17, 2018, with the name of the position in the subject line. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.
About the Organization
Owned entirely by employees, Chemonics is an ISO-9001 certified international development company. For more than 40 years, we have partnered with local and international organizations to promote social and economic change around the world.